Walking Around Dataran Merdeka






I got owned! Clueless and lost in the city, I was finding my way to the Dataran Merdeka. The sun was already up and it starts to get hot. I wandered around more looking at signs hoping that one would point me in the right direction.

Finally, I decided to just take a cab. Take note here, I came across this group of un-metered taxis. The driver offered to take me to Dataran Merdeka at the price of Rm 10. It was freaking expensive! I knew that the place was not far, 10 minutes at most.

I spent only Rm 6 coming to the city by train. But I was desperate, the sun was almost high and it might get too bright. I agreed to take the ride.

Who knew? I was right, the ride took less than 10 minutes. Here's some pictures of places around that area. I shall save pictures of the Dataran Merdeka for another day!

Photobucket

Nope, this is not a river! Its a gigantic drain. Interesting to see trees growing around it as it it was a river bank. I do not recommend swimming there.

Photobucket

I found these flowers growing by the street. It was planted there by the city council workers. The flowers really help make the area more beautiful. Kuala Lumpur is a beautiful city. It might not be as clean as Singapore but I do believe it has its own character.

Photobucket

Fountain of life anyone??

Photobucket

Another random picture. This is the structure on the ground which is used to hold up tall palm trees. I was surprised to see that effort was put to ensure that even little details like this look good.

Photobucket

Here I am giving peace a chance! Peace! This is the floor in front of the Kuala Lumpur Library which is located right next to the Dataran Merdeka. I was sweating like crazy when I arrived at Dataran Merdeka so I decided to cool off in the air-conditioned library =)

Photobucket

This is the Hibiscus plant. The flower is the national flower of Malaysia. Called the 'Bunga Raya' in Malay, its iconic dark red petals makes it really easy to notice. This flower can be found all over Malaysia, that is why it was made the national flower.

Comments

  1. Interesting great variety color of photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the third and fourth shots in this set. nice shots stanley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That drain is really beautiful! I wonder what drains into it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts