Beijing Olympics 2008 and Updates!

Dear awesome readers,

WOW, I just finished watching the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics 2008. I did not watch it in China contrary to what some of you thought =) I watched it from the comfort of my house! Did you managed to catch it? I made my dad come back early just so that we can eat dinner early and watch the olympics in time!

The show was just fantastic. Every detail was so intricate from the countdown to the fireworks. They did an awesome job integrating China's history with the opening ceremony. They started off with ancient China and slowly progressed to modern China. Effects were off the hook! And I was really surprised to see Sarah Brighman (she sang Time to Say Goodbye with Andrea Bocelli) sing the theme song.

Off on a tangent, I have made a few minor changes to this site. You can now subscribe to this page via feedburner and also e-mail! Yes, you can now get latest updates from this site through e-mail.

I thought that this would be a better way to keep in touch with all of you guys. So PLEASE subscribe so that you will be the first to know when I update! Just type your e-mail in that neat little box on the right and you will receive a conformation letter in your e-mail.

Why not do it right now! Type in your e-mail address and viola =)

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



I've also heard from you guys that the pictures take really long to upload. Trust me, I am WORKING on it. I'm searching for new ways to make them load faster without compromising on size and quality.

Also a word of thanks to all of you that have been following this month long post. Its really encouraging to read all your nice comments on how you enjoyed the photos despite the time it takes to load! I do try to reply to every comment but sorry if I accidentally left you out.

Thats all from me now. And I shall leave you with nothing else than another photo. I took this in China also through a frosted window. It was in the morning so the sunlight gave a really nice yellow glow.

DSC_0113

Cheers,
Stanley

Comments

  1. Yes, for some reason, I thought you were currently in China! :)

    This is a fabulous photo today! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhahah....thanks Willow. I really wished that I was there =) It was AMAZING even watching it from the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really awesome, China rocked a bit today.... Hats of to them..... Hey you watched with your father, thats cool. Nice lines they are....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, i really enjoyed the show tremendously =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really interesting image and your Chinas posts are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am watching the Olympics right now. Thanks for sharing your images of China, I have enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babooshka, thanks for dropping by =) Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, the opening was awesome wasnt it? =) I was practically gawking the whole way through except the part where the athletes came up. THere were 200 over teams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you open your post. That was "awesome". Wonderful photo.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHhahaha, yeah I think you all are awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. im sure it was hard to leave beautiful China, but also a pleasure to sleep in your own bed. I really love the photo! That is a very creative idea! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. The opening ceremony was indeed great. I heard China spent almost 300 USD for that opening ceremony.

    Another great capture and have a nice week ahead stanley.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEah Rachel, I was really sad when the trip ended! You could always incorporate "ideas" you find here into your own photography!=)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lawstude, I did read that they spent more than 300 billion! But I was worth it I guess. I just wish I was there live =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts