Justice is Served






Tomorrow is the 31st of August 2008 !!! Chill guy, chill! Its, almost over so stay with me.

Ok, what is big has sharp teeth and a dorsal fin? A lawyer.

*awkward silence*

Lame jokes aside today I would be showing you another famous landmark in Malaysia. Paris has the Eiffel Tower, China has the Great Wall of China and Malaysia has the Sultan Abdul Samad Building.

Photobucket

Located directly opposite Dataran Merdeka this place certainly has its own fair share of history. Personally, I have always regarded these two places as one. Most of the National Day parades are held in this area. This year however it would be held at the Kuala Lumpur City Center (KLCC).

During my small trip I saw this small group of kids + 1 adult sitting across the road painting this famous landmark. I have never been good with paint so I took some time to marvel at their work.

Photobucket

This picture holds a really close resemblance of the building.

Photobucket

I'll assume that this guy is their art teacher, because all of the kids look different. That building is the famous Sultan Abdul Samad Building.

Photobucket

Here's a closer look at the building. When I took the trip last week, National Day preparation was already at hand. That word "Merdeka" means independance. Its a phrase that Malaysians would shout 7 times together in unison as a simbol to declare out freedom.

Its really nice to see different people come together on this special day. There are also people who make their way from other countries and tag along to this happy occasion.

Photobucket

*If you like pina colodas......* I really like the fact that they planted palm trees along the whole street. Strolling down that street, for a moment you might think that you are in hollywood. Only difference is that Hollywood is not so hot and Dataran Merdeka has less 'stars'.

Photobucket

It looks like the Big Ben don't you think? NO, we are not copycats! The building was designed and built during the British occupation. So its nice to assume that the same people who built the Big Ben built this building. Hmmm.....imagine if Malaysia was ruled by the French instead. xP

Photobucket

As you can see, the sun is already high and the heat is hot! (just as water is wet). Tomorrow, we'll be visiting Dataran Merdeka!

Comments

  1. Wow, that kid is really talented. I would love to have one of his paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Merdeka tomorrow! I'm going there to shoot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, YEAH! He was really good. Perhaps you should try painting yourself =) You might discover some "hidden talent".....

    Rame, OOOOoooo.....COOL!So I guess I'll be expecting photos on your site too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolz, that was me (the comment above)...I did not realize that my sister was signed in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stanley! First of all many thanks for your comment on my post of 08.08.08 at 08h08 at Blogtrotter, now in Kos, Greece! It was great to read you there. Second, sorry for the long delay to come here, but August was a terribly busy month, as everybody else seems to be in vacation… ;))
    Anyhow, I found sometime now to land here and enjoy your blog. Loved your KL series. Great treat!
    Wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GMG, its ok! Its nice to see you here =) Glad you've enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive artwork of a lovely building.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts