Getting to the City






Today I am going to talk about my journey into Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I got up at 6 o'clock in the morning. I would be traveling by train and it would take quite some time to reach the city considering that I live in the outskirts.

The journey would take around 1++ hours. I wanted to be able to capture the sights in the morning. The morning sun gives lights everything up nicely just like a sunset! Only difference is that its a little bit more golden and signifies a grand new start to the day.

Photobucket

Here I am at the train station extremely sleepy. I practically dragged myself up from the bed to the train station, my mom was kind enough to drive me. I can't even hold the camera steady! Hence, the slightly blurry picture.

Photobucket

To get to the station, I had to change to a different train line at this station called KL Sentrel (Kuala Lumpur Central). This station is perhaps the biggest station in Malaysia. You can change to different lines here. Its really convenient. Here its called the Light Rail Transit of LRT which is something like the tube in London.

Photobucket

I am so proud of my fellow Malaysians for lining up! Such a spectacle is normally rare because everybody would normally barge into the train once it got there. So people would have to shoved their way in and out of the train. This is a great improvement!

Photobucket

Ok, so there was these bunch of security guards there giving instructions to the people. I'm still proud of them nonetheless for lining up.

Due to the high petrol prices many people have started taking public transportation. I thought that I would be alone at a deserted station at 6.30 in the morning. But I was wrong! As you can see the place is crowded with people.

Photobucket

It took quite some time for me to get into the train. I had to wait for the next 3-5 trains before I could start boarding. The trains that come in are mostly full already anyway so I had to wait in line.

Photobucket

The train rushes by and screeches to a halt. The door beeps and opens with a hiss. Heads turn and people pick up their stuff, raring to enter the train as if it is a race. I was glad to observe a fellow Malaysian assist another blind person into the train. By doing that, she sacrificed her ride because the doors closed as soon as the blind person got in.

Photobucket

The 20 minutes I spent waiting was not all to waste in my opinion. It was nice watching my fellow Malaysians together living in harmony. Malaysia is consisted of many different races and I am proud to say that we do mesh together really nicely.

Comments

  1. Too crowded na... Like here in India... Nice pictures friend.... Check my recent post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHhahah....yeah I heard the trains in India is really packed, until people actually sit on the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture of the moving train with people waiting...Nice shot mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thanks for stopping by Windwalker. Always nice to see you here =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post. Wow and I thought our MRT was crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pics, reminds me of New York, which is where I live, I like the bright colors which enhances them, making them more inviting

    -lissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. AliceG, yeah I was surprised too!

    2lives, glad you liked the pictures =) Its always nice to get feedback from visitors! Do hope to see you here frequent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excelente serie. Muy bello tu blog, tu trabajo es muy bueno. Felicitaciones!.
    Mil gracias por tu visita y comentario en mi cuchitril.

    Saludos.

    Un abrazo desde Santiago de Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the beginning of a long day to me! I've never been on one of those trains!

    Hope you have a good week....and the movement in the pics is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos really capture the hustle and bustle of the train station.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Stanley. I am really enjoying your snapshots into a world that is completely foreign to me. I am learning so much about the world through people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patricia, thanks so much for coming. Don't understand your language =) But love your site too.

    Jess, thanks for the compliment. I myself did not anticipate such a huge crowd at the train station! Perhaps you all could take note if you visit Malaysia =)

    Kay, really glad that I managed to capture the assence of the train station. Good to see you here supporting me!


    Daniel J Santos, thanks =)

    Julie, I do hope that you guys would know a little about Malaysia when this series end! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the b/w effect!
    it's cool that they allow you to take shots; here in our place it's prohibited to take shots in the LRT ... and the temptation for me is quite strong! lol.
    it gets to be crowded here, too ... specially during week days. :)

    thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maiylah, thanks! They don't let you take pictures at the stations?? HAhahahah....really glad that they do not enforce those rules here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maiylah, thanks! They don't let you take pictures at the stations?? HAhahahah....really glad that they do not enforce those rules here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts