China's Balancing Act






This is it! The FINAL post of the "month" long series, after showing you bit and pieces of my traveling experiences in China. The Beijing Olympics will be starting this Friday. I can't wait for the opening ceremony! It will definitely be something grand so I decided to post up something a little grand as well.

DSC_1094


DSC_1098


DSC_1096

These Chinese ladies were just playing with these ribbons randomly on the park. I don't know the purpose. Perhaps its exercise of perhaps they just has a need to exhibit their ribbon twirling skills! It was fun watching them twirling the ribbons and occasionally getting stuck.



DSC_1112

I took this at the Royal Beijing Circus in Beijing. Its one of the opening acts where the girls would be swinging around on a rope, holding on for dear life.



DSC_1121

This was one of the more fun acts to watch. I admire their precision. I must've taken LOTS of time to get to this level of perfection. Hollywood persona Jacky Chan came from this background so perhaps you can get an idea of the "training" he got.



DSC_1123

I feel like running to the producers and hug them! The stage was brightly lit during the whole performance thus enabling me to capture shots like this.



DSC_1125

This girl here is REALLY good. She actually tossed a bowl into a bowl on her head with her feet. And you know what she tossed 3 bowls at once! Another girl dropped her bowl. I felt pity for her looking at the horror on her face. I wonder if they get punished for messing up on stage.



DSC_1136

This is the finale! They cycled around on that small stage. One small mistake can be disastrous. I really enjoy watching them display such precision and skill in executing their stunts. Heck, I can barely juggle two balls!



DSC_1137

Curtain is finally closing, and its time to go. And this marks the end of this month long post. I hope that you guys have enjoyed this thread as much as I had enjoyed doing it. I "met" so many people on the way. A new month beckons new things and I will be back with more pictures!

China was really and awesome place to travel to. You guys should travel to China if you ever get the opportunity.

Comments

  1. You know Chinese culture and artistry has always fascinating me - thanks for sharing this (as well as all your other posts from the trip to China!).
    Now watching the Olympics will be even more interesting.

    Btw: I have seen some Chinese performance in Norway and posted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really can't wait for the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome way to end the series man! If Blogspot allow rating for post , I would give this a 5/5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice end... Thanks for the first class pictures.... Expecting more and more...... Good work my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate that Selerines =) Nice to know that you enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Stanley, thanks for coming over to Vienna!
    You have posted fascinating pictures about the Chinese circus and their precision and skill. I am already anxious to see the opening of the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you here again Maria. Olympics is tomorrow! I can't believe that its so fast =) It seemed just like yesterday when they had it at Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always get amazing shots! these are fantastic! that's great that the stage was lit like that, because these pictures should be shown! can't wait for the olympics
    !! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rachel. I learned a few things along the way. HAhahahah.....I think my camera is like so "touched" from me exploring all the buttons.

    Olympics is tomorrow! REALLY can't wait to see the opening. THe stadium is magnificent so there definitely would be expectations for an even more magnificent opening =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm envious of you being right there for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics! You will have to fill us in on all the details!

    Thanks for stopping by Willow Manor today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Willow. I'm not ACTUALLY going there! HAhahaha.....I'm gonna watch from the comfort of my home =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the pics. vibrant colors. happy 08.08.08 day to you stanley.

    olympics starts today so your blog is indeed very IN.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAhahaha....thanks! My blong IN??? HAhahah.....one of the nicest compliments ever. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow.. that was cool to visit the place ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just WOW on your photography. Simply amazing.

    What struck me in the picture of the loaded bicycle was the smiling faces. True performers. My face would show FEAR!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAhaahahhaha, thanks lots Jennifer. I was amazed too at the amount of people on the bike =) It looked like they could fall off any moment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice end... Thanks for the first class pictures.... Expecting more and more...... Good work my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts