Celebrating Malaysia's 51 Years of Freedom

My beloved country Malaysia has come a long way in these 51 years. Taking away all the bad and looking at the good, there is actually so much to be thankful for like sending me for national service =_= But seriously, I am thankful to be a Malaysian!

Hence I present you.....

The Heart of Kuala Lumpur: 8 Days, 8 Posts

I normally like to post every few days to let you people "digest" the posts before posting up something new (and to let comments accumulate.....lolz). This thread will feature the very city where this independence was declared.

Few days I journeyed to this city alone to try and capture the essence of this historic place through my camera! Throughout these 8 days, the posts will slowly chronicle my short journey (I was back after lunch!) through this city.

The 8th post which is the last post will end on the 31st of August which is the day where my country gained its independence 51 years ago in 1957. Here is a little sample to hopefully tempt you!

Photobucket

This is the Dataran Merdeka. It was here where the Union Jack was lowered and the Malaysia flag hoisted for the first time at midnight on 31 August 1957. Another fun fact, this is the place where the "Amazing Race Asia 1" kicked off, and Malaysia won =)

Its definitely quite a decision to post so many things in such a short time but I just thought that it would be nice to portray Malaysia in a more "positive" manner. So, I really hope to get your support. You people who actually visit my blog really make my day. Do leave you comments/feedback and let me know what you think!


Comments

  1. Hi there, I will certainly be by here waiting to see your next post. :)

    Your photos are beautiful! I don't know much about Malaysia so I get to learn through you.

    :)

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog as well! Glad you liked the hobbit house :)

    I'll be back to read more! AND comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching for your posts each day! Your previous post of sunsets is wonderful and of the children is fun and energetic!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to learning about Malaysia. I must admit I don't know much about it now! I will be checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's with the apostrophe on the word positive?

    Looking forward to this though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Malaysia and know nothing about your country. Whatever I know I learn from you. This is a big responsibility for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zyriana, thanks for promising to come back =)

    Museswings, thanks too! Hope you'll know a little about my country after this!

    Julie, yeah! I do hope to tell you guys a little about Malaysia =)

    Khairin, I'm not sure how to "define" positive. So just wanna be careful in cause I quote smthin wrongly =)

    Kay, thanks for dropping by! HAhaha....with great power comes great responsibility =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to learn about Malaysia through you! Happy Independance Day!
    51 years of freedom is an important event. It isn't the same impact here where this day is more a way to have fun when we forget during the 2 WW people gave their life so that we can be free today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts