Kuta Beach @ Bali, Indonesia

Alright here we are back to the island of Bali. This is the last day of our trip and we're heading to the beach. You've seen the first one, which I blogged about earlier on. This one is the Kuta Beach. We've been staying at Kuta but never got to see the action in the daytime. Most of our time at Kuta was during the night time.

You have to be there to experience the atmosphere for yourself. Its so happening, with people all over the place. I really liked the vibe of the place. Definitely not a spot for people looking for a quiet getaway though.

What I liked about it, there's this HUGE stretch of sand completely abandoned where there are no people at. Its nice that they have 1/2 of the beach for all the happening things to happen and a stretch left for more intimate walks.

At the happening spot you'll spot loads of tourists sunbathing and people attempting to surf. (pls note the word attempt) Its a good place to pick up the sport as the waters are not deep and the waves not too big.

Along the whole stretch of Kuta Beach you have Hard Rock Cafe, McDonalds, and cafes where you can just sit down and chillax. Locals are really friendly (lol I've been saying this so many times). Its not uncommon to see tourists sitting with the locals and just chatting.

I was just walking by and one lady asked me if I was from Malaysia. I was going "How do you know?". She then said she just knew from the way I carried myself (or something like that she was speaking half Bm half bahasa indonesia). Amazing! She knew even before hearing my accent. Malaysians do we have a certain style?

Another local chatted me up later as well, asked if I wanted surfing lessons. I said no, because no time already and have to leave for the airport soon. Then he continued chatting, asked about my trip and stuff. Its nice to know that you're not just a business target. Balinese people found a balance in those area. They do persue you for business but don't dump you immediately when you're not interested. I really appreciated that.

Picture time =D I found it rather challenging taking pictures that day. The sun was BRIGHT, I mean really bright. My ISO was bumped down all the way and I was shooting on full shutter speed. Bright light gave really strong contrast too so taking pictures at certain angles will cause colour to be really harsh. Got some interesting shots though....enjoy!


kuta-beach-bali-photography
kuta-beach-bali-photography
This is the stretch of empty beach I was talking about.

kuta-beach-bali-photography
kuta-beach-bali-photography
The beach is very scenic xP

kuta-beach-bali-photography
Friends having some fun...

kuta-beach-bali-photography
kuta-beach-bali-photography
The Bali people have this seriously awesome 'kicap manis'. It was nothing like what I've tasted before and it is GOOD.

kuta-beach-bali-photography
kuta-beach-bali-photography
kuta-beach-bali-photography

Popular Posts