Babi Guling

Honestly, I get very exited when the talk of pork comes around. So when the other guys were talking about one of Bali's trademark dish, babi guling it caught my attention (lol). Apparently its the Bali version of 'siew yuk' and they cook it in this 'rolling' method.

Come on, even the name sounds cool. BABI GULING! BABI GULING BABI GULING!


Photobucket
The tour guide brought us to some tourist-y place to eat. Nice place but doesn't seem like a place where the locals normally eat.




Photobucket
Very nice scenery. This 'pondok' overlooks a big paddy field. (from left) Avis, Ovira and Sue Jan posing for a picture.




Photobucket
Here it is, Babi Guling. I really liked it although I thought I would be even more awesome if the skin was more crispy. Out of all of us, few got really crispy skin and some got less crispy ones. But the meat is good......they use some kind of santan (coconut) marinate on it so it has a very unique flavour. Must try!




Photobucket
I drank so many bottles of this drink called 'Sosro' in Bali. Its THE drink in Bali. You can find it everywhere! Taste like green tea.




Photobucket
Another shot of the sosro tea. Its refreshing, and a nice change from the usual 'milo ais' and 'limau ais' that I order at the mamak stall.

Comments

  1. haha! my youngest said, "awesome, damn nice"..he thinks you are a professional! I think he liked your pix on the bottle caps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was blogwalking when I stumbled upon your blog. You take nice pictures, you know?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ay, tell your son I said thanks! AHhaha my hidung kembang every time someone thinks I'm a professional xP Lol the same thing happened at BRATs camp and I think I almost blushed.

    Jessica, thanks for dropping by. Glad you enjoy the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babi guling? weird name but looks nice ^^ Hehe, I used to play games with those bottle caps when I was a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stanley. Thanks for your visit and good question. That photo was of the old Turkish wall around the Old City of Jerusalem. Inside the city wall is the Wailing Wall, which today we call the Western Wall. You can see scenes of it here:
    http://jerusalemhillsdailyphoto.blogspot.com/search/label/Western%20Wall

    Looks like you are having a great time on your trip. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah bokeh bottle caps! wooot
    anyway, linked you up! great shots u have there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babi Guling! Freaking femes in Bali one! If got chance visit Bali sure will try it out!

    Muakaka super bokeh on the bottle caps. Naisss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stanley..hi...what meat is Babi guling ..looks like chicken....as i am a tea addict would love to try sorso...hey pass my compliments to the lovely young ladies..they are beautiful.From now on i must stop telling you that YOU ARE A GREAAAAT PHOTOGHRAPHER.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina_yy, it taste good =) Yeah I remember playing with those bottle caps when I was little too. Nowadays bottle caps are really hard to come by.

    Dina, thanks for the clarification. Yes I did had a good time during my trip =D

    Ewin Ee, hahah I'm one of them bokeh addicts! Thanks man, I added you up as well. Honoured!

    Joshua, yes yes! Go book ticket at airasia now....*high five-s fellow bokeh addict*

    Kavita, babi guling is roast pork. The tea is nice but can be a tad sweet for the 'real' tea lovers. HAHAH, thanks loads for the compliments. I still learn new things everyday about photography =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This all looks very delicious but I think your photography makes it even more enticing. It does make me want to go to Bali, too though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kay, the coconut makes it taste deliciously unique. DO go to Bali if you have the chance. Its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha.. memang professional d.. no need blush blush.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had babi guling before. Didn't really like it...was too salty (either that or the stall i went to add a whole LOT of salt). I think our char siew rice is so much better. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting name! I don't eat pork so... I'll pass this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bingwui, shucks....thanks =D

    Chester Chin, salty?? =( Yeah doesn't sound like the one I had. But I do agree that our char siew/siew yuk rice still rocks.

    Alice Teh, you don't eat pork? Wah thats a first! High cholestrol?

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha.. babi guling? nice name.. haha.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  17. woah bokeh bottle caps! wooot
    anyway, linked you up! great shots u have there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi, may I know what is the restaurant name? and where exactly this place is? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi, may I know what is the restaurant name? and where exactly this place is? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts