Laduree @ Ginza Mitsukoshi, Japan

laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron

Macarons are an indulgence that I reserved for very rare occasions mostly due to the hefty price tag. Ladurée is arguably one of the most reputable maker of these delicate little pieces of deliciousness. The simple ingredients like grounded almond, sugar, and egg whites makes it look deceptively easy to make. I have heard too many stories of macaron making attempts going wrong.

This particular branch is located in the Mitsukoshi department floor at Japan's high end Ginza district. Ladurée was on my to-go-list because I've always wondered how it tasted like after watching Blair chomp down on them a whole box at a time on Gossip Girl. That girl should have diabetes by now.


laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron
laduree-ginza-mitsukoshi-japan-macaron

It's the first time we had a proper tea as a family so it was a rather interesting experience. I felt very kampung though because I was so fascinated by every little detail down to the wallpaper and the napkin thing that they use to hold the teapot. 

Then I was trying to stack the macarons as discreetly as possible, trying to take a picture within that five second window before it all topples down. The macarons itself tasted amazing. The shell is thin, and it effortlessly gives way to the chewy layer underneath it as you take an uber slow motion bite. These are the best macarons I have ever had.




Ladurée Ginza Mitsukoshi
2F, 4-6-16 Ginza Chuo-ku
Tokyo 104-8212
Tél : 03-3563-2120

Comments

  1. Hi there,
    i'm currently working on a project and i was wondering if Ladurée offered any customized flavors in Japan (have you seen green tea macarons or anything like that for example)?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,
    I'm sorry but I really can't recall. Even if they had I did not try it. I might have seen some green ones but can't be definite that they are green tea flavoured. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    The Green ones is macaron pistache

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts