Final Thoughts

SPM results will be out this Thursday. Most of you have read about it all year in 2008 and it has all come down to this.

Strangely I feel not fear but anticipation and nervousness. So many things depends on the eleven alphabets on a small piece of paper. Eleven alphabets that can make or break my future, and help me decide which path I would take.

Most of the time I would wonder "Could I have done more?". 2008 was a pretty bad year for me, filled MOSTLY with stress, worry and more worry. Worry about assignments, worry about exams, worry about exams results, waking up worrying if I had packed my bag right and if I forgot to bring my chemistry folder along, worry about getting to school on time. That's why I really appreciate my life right NOW, the post-SPM period where I can wake up late and not worrying about a thing.

Last year, I would push myself to the limit, sometimes even pushing the limit, just for the sake of studying and then only to be devastated with less than satisfying results. Even drank so much coffee, it does not work anymore.

My trial results shows that the odds are against me, but after sitting for the actual exam I thought "Hmmm....that wasn't too bad". People ask me what I expect to get and I really don't know.

I would also like to mention how sad our society is. Reality is that you WILL be judged by how well you do in these public examinations. Yes, I do have many people who would love me despite what happens (Thanks! xP). However, the truth is the truth no matter how hard it is. People commit suicide over their results every year. Don't worry about me! Lol, I know I will always have someone who has unconditional love for me, Jesus. And that gives me comfort.

HAhah, I was just thinking about newspaper articles featuring all the top scorers. Funny thing is how they ALWAYS say the same thing in regards to their secret to success.
- listen to teacher in class
- be hardworking
- finish their homework
Come on, we all can handle the fact that you have been taking intelligence boosting steroids all this time eh. (LOL)

Taking results has always not been very easy. I have got good results for my last two public exams. Its always been hard when you got good results and you have friends who are crying over their not so good results. Sometimes I actually feel guilty for being so happy....so I usually save the over-the-top-exclamation-of-happiness for times with the family within the four walls of our house.

Well, I believe that I have done my best and have to leave the rest to God. He has never failed me before and has been really good to me all these years (despite me being ungrateful sometimes). All the best to all you other SPM candidates, friends and strangers alike. May all your hard work bear fruit on that day.

Comments

  1. *lols* I understand the guilty feeling when u've done well and others haven't!

    May the fruits of your labour show forth in your results! Whatever you get, God has a great plan for your life, Stan-lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian. I honestly feel very encouraged by the tremendous faith you guys have in me =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stanley...please don't worry...my dad says even if the sky falls if u don't worry it will become a blanket.hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts