2 Years in KTJ

*Photos here are taken by Joyce Lau, one of my juniors in school who by the way is an amazing phographer. Check out her work here.
*This is a follow up to this article: 2 Weeks in KTJ


So I headed back to Kolej Tuanku Ja'afar (KTJ) yesterday to collect my results. I found it rather weird being the one to visit instead after being on the receiving end for the pass two years.  There are many new faces around, filling up the vacant spaces we used to occupy. But I can still sense that familiar buzz unique to this school. Had a moment where I almost asked someone to tuck in her shirt but quickly realised that I am not obliged to do that anymore. Old habits die hard!

Results were good. Last week I came so close to starting a list of possible alternative careers. One involved jumping into the photography business and living life on the road. Three weeks and I am off to university, the beginning of a five year journey on the other side of the globe.  I will be up north studying Medicine at the University of Edinburgh.


This is one of those cliched moments when you look back and reflect on everything that has brought you to this moment. I thought a lot about my very first encounters with people in this school. Like how on the first day I found out that we had to bring our own bedsheets from home. And that time when a bunch of us were sitting in the 6th Form Centre common room. We were just sitting there staring at the television. The telly was not switched on. It took about fifteen minutes of awkward silence until we got tired of pretending to text on our phones and started introducing ourselves.

Fast forward to present time and I've made some of my very best friends here.  I am constantly humbled by the amount of talent I'm surrounded by. Most of them seem oblivious to the fact because amazingness tend to be the status quo. These are some of the most intelligent, talented, and capable people that I've ever met, with a very unlikely sense of humour. (This is an advantage more often than not)

Two years have come and gone. All that is left are memories of what used to be, of ups and downs and of joy and pain. I want to thank God for being so good and being so ever faithful. God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good.

Comments

  1. Sharifah Nuril Barieyah Wan JuAugust 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM

    Stanley! It was really nice getting to know you and Congratulations on getting into Edinburgh! Good Luck! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likewise! Hopefully I'll see you in the UK this time next year. All the best in uni applications and A-level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i know which church r u attending when u were there?? how many churches are there?? which 1 is the nearest?? thank you so much and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts