Cooking for a Multitude

Recently, my church a had a pot luck! I really enjoy this kind of dining because you get to enjoy all kind of food brought by various families. There was so much food I had to go two rounds to sample a little of everything not including dessert.

I decided to contribute this time instead of just being the guy eating all the food. After some careful thinking I decided to cook up some spaghetti carbonara. There were lots of good feedback and its really nice to hear that people enjoy your food.

What they DON'T know that this spaghetti packs one heck of a punch in terms of calories. Here's the recipe:

7 packs of spaghetti
5 packs of bacon

Sauce:
2 boxes of whipping cream (Nope its not low fat)
21 egg yolks
3 packs of grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of pepper

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Egg Mania!!!


Photobucket
Everyone loves honey roasted bacon (well....almost xP)

The spaghetti cooking started off a little rough. I tried cooking 6 packs of spaghetti in one pot, and found out how much they expand. *knocks head on the wall* I had to take out all the half cooked spaghetti and cook them slowly little by little.

Making the sauce was easy. It was just the matter of mixing everything together. And viola! You have tons of creamy goodness a.k.a. spaghetti carbonara.

Photobucket

Photobucket

However, here's the part I really hate about cooking.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Washing


Photobucket

Comments

  1. Stanley cooks! I ought to be ashamed of myself. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic looking, Stanley. Pretty impressive for such a young guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i never cooked as many as that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you cook?! looks delicious! can i have some of that? nice posts.. keep goin' man..

    might want to check my site @
    http://kenshin0070618.blogspot.com

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice Teh, hahaha. I follow the recipe like a science experiment lah xP

    Julie, thanks! I do enjoy cooking as well as eating =)

    The Dong, hahaha I thought it was time I contributed something to the pot luck.

    Kenshin, yeah I do once in a while. I'll drop by your site =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blog! i wash while i cook haha! so, no large piles of things to be washed at the end of the cookativity :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like wantan mee! haha edible anot?
    who knows u jus photoshop to make it look goood...ahem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Farisnashir, thanks man. LOLZ that actually makes more sense. Should have thought about it earlier.....xP

    Alexandra, wantan mee?? Sweat lah u...btw it tasted awesome okay. YOu can never photoshop taste xP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts