Student Street Photography Awards 2012

Here are my entries for this photography competition. I'm usually quite apprehensive towards photography competitions because being art, judge's taste and preferences can vary greatly. Oh well, all you can do is give it your best shot (haha, pun!). But yeah a photography award still eludes me. I want one soooooooo badly. About time for me to be able to tell people that I'm an 'award-winning photographer' because just telling people that you love taking pictures doesn't have the same kick to it. LOL


 Bustling traffic in Tokyo





 Teenagers playing baseball at the local park




 People recording the New Year's Day firework display on their phone




An intimate moment between an elderly couple



 Casual hillwalking on a sunny day




Man feeding pigeons




A walk in the park



 Street photography, literally

Comments

  1. O.O They are all so beautiful! Especially the first one, I like it so much! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not be right in saying this but maybe you should reconsider photo no.3? Seeing as the mobiles themselves are out of focus but the face of the lady at the lower right corner is? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate Stanley's own artistic choices. A good photo doesn't only mean the need to be in focus or framed or exposed properly. I like the atmosphere that picture captures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one with the guy feeding birds. The sunlight, the birds, shadows, his hat and the positioning of his hand is just perfect. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do appreciate Stanley's choice and I agree with you that the atmosphere is great. However, seeing as he is submitting these for an award, the judges might think otherwise. 

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Thank youuu :) Love it how you silently stalk this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the thoughts guys! Photos have been submitted so there's really nothing I can do except to keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think only the first one is ok. It looks like in the first one you were trying to use the geometry of the cars as part of your composition but the white car on the right fails in this. 

    The rest are all just cliches cause I've seen pictures like these all too often. I think you need to keep finding your own style of shooting to separate your shots from the rest. Try looking at photos from Henry Cartier-Bresson, we all can learn a lot from him :) 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts