Jazzin Good Times


I've always had this thing for jazz music. Went around London with Mehul and Adam looking for a good place to listen to some life jazz music. Took us some time but we eventually stumbled on one. Turns out most clubs don't open past midnight. Hmphh. I don't like to think that there would options other than generic clubbing with loud beats, not that there's anything wrong with that. There's a time and place for everything.

Ronnie Scott's the name. A big venue compared to the ones that I'm used to. I prefer smaller venues for their intimate atmosphere. Booths are designed in  semi-circle around the stage, making it look like a mini stadium. Small red lamps illuminate the table tops. Looking around you spot groups of people just bobbing to the music, totally captivated by every beat and swing of the band. Music was not bad. Style was more along the contemporary fusion-ish genre so it was something different. I like it old school!

Regardless, I thought it was a rather good night. Food, music, and roaming aimlessly around the streets of London. Such a bohemian lifestyle. At least that's what it felt like.




Comments

Popular Posts