Steak and Co @ Leicester Square, London

steak-and-co-leicester-square-london
steak-and-co-leicester-square-london
steak-and-co-leicester-square-london

LOVED it when my family visited last December. For a short period of time, my life was once again filled with proper good food I would not be able to afford as a student. We chanced upon Steak and Co while walking along Leicester Square hunting for food. I wanted to try Jamie Oliver's restaurant but the place had a waiting time for more than an hour!

I haven't had steak in quite a while so it was a welcome treat. Interesting concept at this restaurant is that they serve you the meat slightly undercooked. You then cut it up to small pieces and cook it a little more on the hot stone provided. I thought this was genius! That means that the meat will always be piping hot when it goes into your mouth.




steak-and-co-leicester-square-london
steak-and-co-leicester-square-london
steak-and-co-leicester-square-london
steak-and-co-leicester-square-london
steak-and-co-leicester-square-london

I had the New York Strip and it was amazing (and do note that this is coming from someone who does not really fancy steak). It could well be the fact that it has been a while since I had good food, but that has to be one of the best piece of steak I've ever had. The simple idea where there food will always be hot made a world of difference to me. It was so good I actually ate most of it just like that, with a little salt. Meat is well marbled which makes it very flavourful.

The sister had the pork ribs and she had a whole rack served to her. That was such a sight to behold. Tasted really good as well and the meat is so tender it falls away from the bone. The sides were alright, but I didn't cared much for it.

You know what? I could really use some steak right now...




Steak and Co Steak House
3/5 Charing Cross Road
London WC2A 0HA

Comments

Popular Posts