The Vege Lady

I took this picture last year during my visit to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. This lady here was selling vegetables and souvenirs. Its always interesting to take pictures of people with different facial features. And for moments like this simple shots work best.

I remember reading somewhere about how this photographer takes portraits. He would just ask their permission to be photographed and just ask them to look into the camera, no smiles, no candid laughing. The results is a photograph giving you a tiny glimpse of the person's soul.

Photobucket

.............................................................

I'll be heading off to Penang tomorrow morning! So I will be dragging my feet out of the bed at an ungodly hour, 7 am. Its alright cause' I'll probably just continue sleeping in the car anyways. Its been such a long time since I've been to Penang and I have yet to taste the good Penang food that people have always been raving about.

So, with my trusty Street Food Guide (the Star Newspaper) holstered in my sling bag along with my camera equipment I will eat my way through Penang in the next 7 days. I'm also looking forward to working in a hospital.

I have no idea what to expect. When you tell people of your intentions of pursuing medicine you will be met with mix reviews regarding the profession. So I guess this few days will be really important for me to actually get a peek of what I might be doing for a huge portion of my life.

Comments

  1. Woo a McCurry in the making :) Nice portrait shot. I would probably increase the contrast a bit more, make it a bit darker :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhahaaha what a compliment! Yes, I certainly draw inspiration from his work. "The Afghan Girl" is so iconic. And thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts