Ladna Pizza @Khao San Road in Bangkok, Thailand

One of the things you need to do while traveling is getting lost, which is exactly what me and dad did during our trip to Bangkok, Thailand. We were (mostly I) looking for this restaurant selling pizza. I found out about this restaurant in one of those backpacking sites and someone was raving about it.

It was in the afternoon, and the sun was as hot as it could get. However it did not seem to dampen the cheerful vibe of Khao San Road, in fact everyone seem more vibrant. Until now, I have no idea how these Ang Mohs find heat so appealing. Probably the same case with us asians and snow.

ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok

I think we circled around the whole area a few times, and I lost my bearing countless of times. Locals were pointing us in so many directions. But finally we found this little shop tucked away in the corner of a small alley.

ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok

Immediately, my Malaysian "good-restaurant-o-meter" rang off the hook. The place was empty! So much for it being the best place to taste authentic pizza. Yes, sue me. I expected to find the best pizza in Bangkok. You can't blame me for trying though.

ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok

I really liked the staff, who were so friendly. And the Coke was very gassy as well, and the ice was very cold. Upon ordering the staff went on to power up the oven and started making the pizza.

ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok
ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok
ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok
ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok

As you can see, its made in this very traditional looking oven. The pizza came out quite nicely and I had a good lunch. It had a very home cooked taste to it which makes it unique. Plus, I had fun hunting down this place. It would definitely be buzzing with more customer if it was in a more convenient location though.

ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok
ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok
ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok
ladna-pizza-khao-san-road-bangkok

Comments

  1. Poor Owen (Michael :P), he got wood fired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have always heard so much about khao san road - a pity i missed experiencing it when i was there... looks interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts