Colour Me Green Campaign

I came up with this campaign along with some of my friends in school. Basically, we want to get teenagers across Malaysia to take environmental action within their school, college or community.

The idea is simple really, there is a set of task for them to complete which involve social media such as blogging and Twitter. Upon completion of these tasks they will be awarded the Green School Award.

Do help spread the word on this campaign!


Photobucket
The official website is http://www.colourmegreencampaign.com . One thing I can tell you, making a website is HARD! I was stressing over this for more than a month. Thank you to everyone involved in building the site.

We've also made an official video for the Colour Me Green Campaign.




Do help us spread the word on this campaign. Participate! Get your friends together and join us in this movement. This campaign relies on participation of the people, which means YOU will make or break this campaign.

Traditionally I'm not really someone who is big on environmental issues. I would say that I am more of a humanitarian, so I would normally take interest in issues related to hunger and poverty.

But now, climate change is actually causing many of these problems, in fact climate change amplifies poverty and many other problems that poor countries are experiencing. So now we can't deny the fact that humanitarian issues goes hand in hand with environmental issues and we need to tackle these issues at the same time.

Take the Philippine Christian Foundation that I visited last year as an example. They provide job opportunities for poor families by teaching them to convert trash into jewelry that they can sell, some people call that recycling. I thought that was really clever! Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

For more information visit our Official Website!
Follow us on Twitter as well!

Comments

Popular Posts