I'M BACK

(bear with me, its gonna be a slightly long one and its wordy too)

Finally after many grueling months of preparing for this SPM examinations, its finally over! I've done all I can and will be leaving the rest to God now. Lets just hope all the effort will be worth I results I would be getting in a few months time. And by the way, thanks for all your well wishes. It was really encouraging.

Oh yeah before I forget, I would like to extend a thank you to Josh Lim and the guys in Advertlets. If you notice the advertisement up left you would see this blog linked there! (its on rotation with other ads so sometimes you see it sometimes you dont) I think I e-mailed them a few months back and was ecstatic to hear that my blog would be on that application. Now this blog has a link on blogs all over Malaysia!

************************
Although SPM is over I still have lots of things up my sleeve (less stressful stuff of course!).

1. Grade 8 Piano Exam
- Yup, its the final grade and I'm pretty worried about it. My time have been pretty much occupied with the SPM preparations so the piano practicing have been pretty much neglected. And its next WEDNESDAY!!! Arhhhhh!!!

2. Year-End BRATs Camp at Sabah
- Can't wait for this one. I'm hoping that it would be a refreshing and relaxing and something fun to do, a nice break. And I'm going all the way to Sabah! The motherland of them orang utans =) Perhaps its a good chance for me to take a shot at wildlife photography.

The thing about BRATs, its introduced me to this exciting world of journalism. Its hard work but at the same time its something I enjoy doing. Seriously, I've never had so much fun doing " hard" work. (Perhaps they did not expose us to the FULL scale of the job stress but I have to say I have been bitten by this bug)

So, I am currently torn between two very different career choices. Journalism or Medicine (Lol it even rhymes). Journalism is something I've discovered so recently and I'm afraid that it might just be a phase which will eventually fade of, or is it? On the other hand medicine have been something I've been planning on my entire life. For goodness sakes I've been taking about being a doctor since I was a kid. *brainfreeze* Hmpph....I got LOTS of thinking to do.

3. Church's Youth Alive Camp
- It an annual youth camp organised by the church I attend. Its awesome and it starts the next day after I get back from BRATs. I always look forward to this activity. This is the time where I actually get to know most of my friends better.

4. Chrismas Choir Practice
- Another church activity. I do not know where we'll be performing yet but I anticipate that my December holidays will be swamped with practice. I don't mind of course cause its fun xP

5. Finish reading the book I bought
- Finally got it back from my dad. It was with him for safekeeping so that I would not get "tempted" during the duration of my examinations. I'm already halfway through it. Really gripping story, I would recommend anyone to get a hold of it.

6. Khidmat Negara
- I'm having really mixed reactions about this one. I really don't know what to feel when I got selected. I guess its an " honour" to be selected and so but thanks to THEM all my initial plans have to be flushed down the toilet bowl.

This break was supposed to be a time where I had a chance to go out there and do something. My initial plan was to volunteer to work 3 months on Doulos, the floating bookstore or join some community outreach program. I had a vision of myself going out there and making a difference in someone's like and bring some joy to the neglected ones.

But now, thanks to this awesome program I have to abandon all of those plans. Who cares right? National Service is more important than anything else. I think last year they arrested a guy who wanted to work instead and support his family. =_=

HOWEVER, on a happier note I really have nothing against National Service. THEY want me to mix with my other brothers from another mothers and I will. I'm just slightly pissed that they had to decide how I would use my holidays. (And to you people who did not get selected, use your time WISELY! I wish I had the indulgence to plan my own timetable)

************************
Ok, I got lots of new photos to share with you guys. So stay tuned =D

Comments

  1. I have never heard of this Khidmat Negara but I am going to Google it and find out what it is all about. I am sorry it is messing with your plans. After what you have been through I think you certainly deserved to get to do what YOU wanted to do for a while. Oh well, such is life! Just a little taste of adulthood. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE!!! u got choosen for NS ?? damn!! hahaha where ? anyways woohoo to year end see ya there =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouh, you got NS? 3months in there..All the best!
    Drop by here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I looked it up. Sorry you have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad part of it's over... and that you have to abandon your plans... but i guess it's more important. Have a great end of the week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julien, its not as bad a it looks =D It is military training but its not as tedious. I had friends who went before and said that it was a good experience. The only thing is that all I would be doing is military stuff while I wanted to do some comunity work.

    Jirwan, yeah I'm so looking forward to national service! See ya at year end too xP

    Cindy, hahha I need all the help I can get =)Thanks for dropping by.

    Jess, thanks! This is gonna be the best weekend I had in MONTHS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a lurker ..got your blog from kay.

    You're sister is beautiful...I bet inside as well as out! You are a lucky brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peggy, its okay I always enjoy new visitors! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts