Jogoya Japanese Buffet @ Starhill Gallery KL

jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet

We Upper 6 students decided to have one big dinner a few weeks before the exam starts; packing on all the comfort food before the two month long torture begins. About thirty of us headed down to Jogoya for a feast. I've heard loads about this Japanese buffet restaurant so I was quite excited to try it out.

The price tag was quite hefty with about Rm 90 per person. The bill came to about an epic Rm 3500, which I still keep in my wallet for sentimental value. So I expected the food to be nothing short of brilliant! I ended up not taking many pictures because I was too busy eating. Being kiasu Asians we went in when the restaurant opened at 5 pm and left when the dinner session is over at 9.30 pm.

The interior of the restaurant is spacious but designed in such a way that you feel like you still have your personal space. We were allocated a private dining area, which I thought was wise considering the amount of noise we made later that night.

jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet
jogoya-starhill-gallery-japanese-buffet

We basically ate, rest and repeated those first two steps the entire night. Food was of good quality. You don't get the best versions of the dish at buffets. I personally think that buffets offer more variety rather than quality. So for me all they have to do is to make sure that the ingredients are fresh and it is cooked to a decent standard.

I really like the variety available at Jogoya although after a few rounds you sort of know what is available already. I remember going really slow taking really small bits at a time. No rush! At Jogoya one of their unique things is that for some dishes you drop clips at the buffet counters and the food with be delivered to your table freshly cooked. I particularly liked the soft shell crab and tempayaki items. They served oh chien as well which is quite surprising. Not the best that I have but still I appreciated the variety. We were given two complimentary lobsters, one for each huge table. Did I mentioned that the tables are huge?! They occupied thirty of us with only two tables. In between eating we player really random games to pass the time. It was a really nice moment, seeing everyone so happy. All you need for a good time is good food and good company.

Jogoya generally serves good quality food and has a huge variety of food to select from. Its a great place to go with a big group of people. You'll probably have a more enjoyable time that way, hence the food will probably taste better. Oh and we went crazy with the coconuts. They also have a really wide selection of drinks which is unusual for a buffet. Dessert sections is also good. Again, we went crazy with the Haagen Daaz ice-cream. I remember having loads of ice-cream that night.

The meal as a whole was very enjoyable and definitely warrants another visit, but probably not in the near future considering the price tag. This was during a non promotional period so I thought the food was of good standards. They have half price promotions which are normally fully booked for weeks. I think you pay for what you get so expect the quality of food to be sub par if you're going in on such a generous discount.




Jogoya
T3, Relish floor, Starhill Gallery,
181, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia.
  Tel: +603-2142 1268   
 Fax: +603-2148 8171

Comments

  1. wow these pics are amazing... i guess no flash is a great idea after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But I actually used flash in some of those pictures that looks extra bright and contrasty. Used a wireless trigger so that I can fire it off at an angle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts