Breaking the Rules

Remember that movie tagline? Rules are meant to broken?

Nope, Stanley is not embracing his bad-ass side and crossing over to the dark side. I'm talking about the rules of photography!

I can still remember one of the first rules of photography which someone told me a long time ago which is to never take a picture facing a light source. This rule definitely applies when using a point-and-shoot camera but can be put to advantage when using a DSLR (the big scary camera that " pro" photographers use).

With the proper settings, a situation that will normally produce horribly blown up pictures will actually turn out pretty nicely! This technique is actually called back-lighting. Its pretty hard to get it right but the results can be pretty satisfying after many trial and errors. Once again my sister is the model. Hahaha, I think I have to get someone else to model. You guys must be getting tired seeing her pictures here.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

By the way, I won't be around for the next couple of days. I'm going to Sabah for a nice trip and will be back with loads of photographs!

Comments

  1. Haha, get a pretty girlfriend FAST -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always she's pretty! enjoy your trip. im looking forward to those photos. i really hope that youll be taking shots of the philippines too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey, thanks its always nice to hear from the readers =)

    Alexandra, hahahahh LOL

    THe Dong, I WILL take shots of philipines if I ever get the opportunity to go there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts