Fireworks

This was back during Chinese New Year. I never knew how my uncle got them every year because erm, lets just say fireworks are not easy to come by these days if you get my drift. So I this is one of the things I look forward to every year when I go back to my dad's kampung. I have tons of memories running around the big empty compound of my uncle's house playing with fireworks, which at normal occasions is used to dry groundnuts.

Photobucket
Photobucket

There is a sort of adrenaline rush when you light up that little sucker and watch it burst into a crazy array of colours seconds later. Naturally, we would have a huge variety of fireworks but the dragonfly remains a personal favourite amongst us cousins. Upon lighting up this baby it would catch fire with a small burst of light, signaling that you should be throwing it far far away. Then seconds later it would burst into what I would describe as a machine gun-ish bang.



It makes you wonder how the whole concept of creating powder that would explode into a variety of colours came up in the first place. Those people must've had loads of free time and crazy enough to experiment with such dangerous stuff. I have no complains though. They have not lost their fingers in vain.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Haha he probably got it off the back of someone's car boot. In the US, they sell drugs and firearms that way. Over here, we have fireworks :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts