10 Days of Our Lives, Outward Bound School (OBS) @ Lumut, Malaysia

I just got back from Outward Bound School Malaysia yesterday and it was just WOW. So much has happened in those 10 days. We've kayak-ed and trekked for too long, evident from my post OBS roasted look. We've survived tough conditions and unpredictable weather that would make London cry.

But within those tough times, we've learn to reach deep for that extra strength and push on. We've learn to work with people we don't necessarily like. And we got to know each other as layers peel off revealing our true self.

Its been so nice seeing so much courage and determination in the span of these 10 days, watching people pushing themselves way past their limits and friends cheering them on. I've always assumed that when people reveal their true colours, I would despise it. Instead I saw people rising up to the moment, placing aside differences to achieve a common goal. Yes, true colours were revealed and I was impressed.

OBS started off with a sad-ish tone with everyone relatively somber after Speech Day saying goodbye to the awesome bunch of seniors. But soon enough, we loaded the bus and headed for Lumut, stopping halfway for some dinner.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Upon arrival I was surprised at how nice the campsite was. It has a beach! So technically OBS is kind of like a beach holiday with our school mates. Then we got separated into groups. I was placed in Gayong and we got an ang moh instructor named Charlie. We then signed forms gave SOME of our stuff for confiscation and headed for dinner.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we checked into our dorms which had interesting depictions of zombie monkeys on its front door warning us of the dangers of confronting one. The dorm is luxurious compared to what we would experience later on. We had proper showers and beds so I was content.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The first few days were pretty laid back with introductory stuff which is basically learning things we need to know when we're actually in the jungle or out at sea. We also had those 'Interact-ish' bonding games.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I really like the whole campsite because it was so different from what I expected. I was expecting the camp to be in the middle of some random rain forest or something. But we had a nice beach which we utilised properly as our post dinner chill out sessions, and watching the sunset.

The beach is also the famous spot for the latest scandalous hook ups. Typical evening scene would be groups of people hanging out, guys skipping stones across the water, and guys hitting on girls (haha).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is just the first few days! Much much more to come and I intend to drag this on as long as possible. As for right now, I'm taking a whole week off and am bent on doing absolutely nothing. Work shall resume next week after I catch up on a whole term of sleep.

Comments

  1. Never went to OBS before but it always sounded like great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. I MISS OBS. You're sooo lucky to have been there recently. I'd do it again if I could! And perhaps I will one day. =) Lovin the pics as per always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, missing the place already. Thank you and all the best =) Didn't get to say bye to you on the last day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should! This program is not limited to teenagers. Companies send their employees here as well for training.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i noe about solo camp???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Email me if you really want to know haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts