KTJ MUN Annual Dinner @Delucca in Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

I had high hopes for this dinner since it was going to cost us Rm85 per pax. We left the school at about 3 or 4, I can't remember exactly. Had some time to burn at Pavillion first. I wanted to watch Iron Man 2 but it would take too long so I decided to bum around with Saiful and Dzarif at the food court area.

Well eventually time passed and we headed to the restaurant. I was really hungry by then! Some of the other kids were gushing about how they met Malaysia's first astronaut, Datuk Sheikh Muszaphar. Apparently he was shopping with his mother on Mother's Day wearing this really striking green jumpsuit.

delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj



On to Delucca. I liked the interior, its not so shove-in-your-face-italian like Italianies (though I still think Italiannies is awesome) and we practically had the whole place to ourselves. We had good company and I think that was what made the night most enjoyable. After being stuck with canteen food for a few weeks, Delucca was such a breath of fresh air.

delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj

I didn't take many pictures that night. Mostly because I saw Muqaram snapping away on his camera so I guess he got it covered. Its one of those rare days where I get to sit back and enjoy the evening though I won't complain if anyone wanted their pictures taken.

delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj

The food was absolutely fantastic. This is just the starters and it was good. They had this liver paste on baguettes which I like. Just so you know I hate liver! I had no idea how they made liver taste so good.

I don't have pictures of the main course because well, I was busy eating it (except for that one shot of the penne pasta somewhere down this post) . It was that good. We had a soup, 2 pastas, a fish, a chicken, and dessert. I can't remember their fancy names but the taste lived up to the fanciness of their names.

delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj
delucca-changkat-ktj

I think its safe to say that everyone had a good time. Thank you Yasmin for organising such an awesome dinner. I wanted more food but they were serving us so the portions were kinda fixed. They were clever not to serve a buffet.

Another interesting turn of events during the night was the entertainment. They had this black and white movie playing in the background, a love story I presume to help with the ambiance of the place. During Jinho's farewell speech the couple in the movie were really getting it on (I did not actually see this because I was busy listening to him but I was told).

But I did notice it later in the evening and our table just broke into hysterical laughter. Ms Tiow was having a rather intellectual discussion with some students and the couple in the background once again were REALLY getting it on. The restaurant staff noticed right after that and quickly changed the movie. Lol, what a night.

Comments

  1. Delucca here I come! :) RM85 per pax sounds alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Rm85 with a group booking. Not so sure about ala carte though xP But its worth a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts