Calm before the storm

I have officially giving up on worrying. Honestly, worrying is so pointless when you come to think about it. As far as I am concerned, I have done all that I can slugging away on my work table. I remember promising myself that I would do everything I could to do well in A-levels, so that even if I failed it would not be because I have not tried hard enough.

For the past week, my mind have been occupied with worry. Somehow things just keep popping up adding on to the existing load. Been thinking a lot about university applications and stressing about the grades I need to get into the course I'm applying to, Medicine which is extremely competitive.

You have no idea how badly I want to do this course. I guess the fear of not getting accepted into this course haunts me from time to time because I simply can't imagine myself doing anything else! I have fallen in love with the job having observed doctors at work during that one week attachment in Penang and I find myself drifting back to those times spent in the Operating Theatre.

I know that being a doctor is and long hard journey, something that everybody never fail to remind me about (lol). But come on, every job has its own challenges. Don't tell me that life as an engineer or an accountant is a bed or roses either! I concluded that medicine will be hard work that I enjoy doing.

My first paper starts tomorrow, thinking skills. All my subjects are spread over the next month so I have some time in between each paper for extra study.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Just a short verse taken from the bible. I can't trust in my own abilities because there is only so much that I can do being human and humans have limitations. But I shall choose to place my trust and confidence in God. If he wants me to be a doctor he will work things out. Other than that, I will just need to do my part by doing what I can do which is studying as hard as I can and hope for the best.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. i believe that if you have a passion for something, you are most likely to do it better than something you are not passionate for. passion is important. and it will ultimately drive you to perform. so dont worry, as ms sarah always quotes, "all will be well" because at the end of the day, whatever we're blessed with, is indeed enough for our capability. if you're meant to be a doctor, so be it! however effort counts nonetheless, so good luck stanley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Stanley! Go Stanley! Rawk that exam! *cheers Stanley on*

    And hey, if this is what you were 'meant' to do, no matter what the results are, you'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gillian! Yeah, after that revelation it actually took such a huge load of worry off my back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Syahirah =) It kinda suck though in uni application where other people are the ones who are determining how passionate you are about the subject, resulting in your admission or rejection from the course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it should 3 in 1 that works well here:

    Calm before, in and after the storm-Timing, waiting, trust, trial, temptation, stay on, thanks God!

    It's great to share your ups & downs in your blog Stanley.
    In a way, you get encouraged and also encourage your readers here as well.

    I believe God want you to depend on him in whatever you do.
    Be submissive to him and stay passionate to work and study.
    The light is awaiting you at the end of the tunnel.

    Just like me, I don't plan to be a piano teacher but God planned for me.
    During my lowest point, I found hope from God.
    I know God also has other better plans for me besides teaching.
    He actually has given me the talent in illustration since my childhood.
    I don't have to be the best illustrator in the world but I am the best in God's eyes.
    I am a late bloomer in this new venture but I am grateful of the opportunity that knocks on my door:)

    Sharing of some useful teaching from my church last week:
    Faith reveals us as Christian
    Life proves us as Christian
    Trial confirms us as Christian
    Death & reborn crowns us as Christian

    Hope you will find your crown and to be crowned as you listen, obey and serve God according to his plans.

    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoon See, thank you so much for all your encouraging words. There was a point of time where I was so stressed because nothing seem to be under my control. But now I'm surrendering everything to God, I will just be doing my part which is trying my very best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts