Auction for Haiti

A few weeks ago, school had a auction to raise funds for the people in Haiti. The response was really good, I think we raised over Rm 7000. Coming from high school kids I think its really impressive.

This auction was really interesting because you have groups of people pooling cash together so the bids can go up really high. There were cakes that went up to Rm 300. So the 3 cakes amounted up to almost Rm 1000.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had good response from teachers and students who were so kind to donate their precious stuff and people who brought their cash to bid for stuff. People like Yasmin were so generous to donate their precious apparel. Louis Vuitton wei! No kidding!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A little update on life. Last week was such a hectic week, having to deal with so many things at one go. Things got a little overwhelming, well its not unusual to be overwhelmed here in KTJ but still it happened.

On the bright side, term break is very near. 4 more days to go!! I will be in Penang for a whole week, starting next week doing a hospital attachment. So it will be one whole week experiencing life as a doctor. Looking forward to it! And yes, I do hope to eat my stomach out while I'm there as well and take in some sights during my free time.

Comments

  1. Once again, lovely pictures. =) Really captures the emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stan, are you going to do medicine in uni?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, full time doctor, part time photographer in the making hey (well the latter is already happening!)
    enjoy the experience! do take pictures if you can :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuah! When I was a school kid, i only had RM2 to bring to school! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. =) Now kids different already mah....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh! Thats so exciting! I wish I was a student there already! T.T It must have been fun! Oh I see Danielle! Why do you go all the way to Penang to do the Hospital attachment thing. Were you recommended to that hospital? cause I wanna be a doctor too! Mr. Jones told me to do something like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it was! I got to watch an open heart surgery yesterday. I went to Penang because my dad recommended the hospital and we sorta have contacts in the hospital. Try asking people that you know like relatives or close friends, because you'll have a better chance getting an attachment than you just randomly approaching hospitals. Some even have programs for hospital attachment (so I've heard) which you can look into.

    And yup, it is important if you're planning to apply to medicine in university. Most unis will want to know that you're aware of what a doctor's job is really like and that you're not jumping in because of misconceptions cause by the shows you see on tv that over-glamourise the profession (although its arguably fun to watch xP). They just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right! Hahah! my friends are all, like, "you wanna be doctor?" Omygod, you'll be like Grey in Greys anatomy! Hahah.
    okay! looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts