Stairwells by Kina Grannis (First online purchase!)

My very first online purchase arrived last week! It has been sitting around my room for a while since I was stuck in school and can only get it when I go home on weekends. I can still remember the excitement though, confirming my purchase through paypal and finally using some of the money I've earned through this blog.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Signed copy!

I bought this CD title Stairwells by Kina Grannis. She's one of those people who started out on Youtube and then eventually produce an album or get picked up by a record label (ie: Marie Digby, Justin Bieber).

Kina Grannis covered quite a number of popular songs, which gained her a huge following of fans. I like her style of music, its very chilled out-relaxed-Jason Mraz-zy kind of vibe. Her songs just puts you on a beach. I also like the honesty of the music and I find it refreshing compared to what we hear on the radio these days. Despite how catchy tunes like "I Got A Feeling" and "Bad Romance" may be, you eventually get bored.






Oh yeah, how did I come to buy this cd? I came home one weekend and my sister was singing this tune while playing the guitar. I liked it and she told me who sang it. My sister actually made a cover of that song and posted it on Youtube.

That night I remember posting the link on Twitter and guess what? Kina Grannis actually replied and complimented my sister on the cover. I thought that was really nice of her so yeah, I bought the album. A good deed goes a long way =)

Comments

  1. Kina Grannis's voice is great and her songs are awesome!

    Yeah, I really hope your sis will be discovered and picked like her one day...and have her own album.
    When one is willing and have faith. God is sure to help.
    Yes, your sister's talent got to be celebrated and appreciated.
    We wait for that one day:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, there's a few songs on the album that I really like. HHaah that would be nice, Sophia would be happy if she could be discover on Youtube as well. Well only time would tell. Take care =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, she started on YouTube, guessed it made sense for her to pay attention to people on YouTube singing cover of her songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey boss! i wann borrow! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, kinda true. I guess she probably knew what it was like starting out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, I'll try to remember to bring it on Sunday. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts