Eating Kuala Lumpur: Nasi Lemak Tanglin @ Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur

Last holiday, dad and I decided to have an eating spree around KL. By the end of the day (somewhere in the afternoon) we ate our way through a lot of stalls. Well, that was the initial plan at least. Many shops were close as it was during the Chinese New Year holidays. So we covered what we could find.

nasi-lemak-tanglin-kuala-lumpur

This was not our first stop. In fact, Nasi Lemak Tanglin was our 3rd breakfast of the day! I remember coming across this stall on many food blogs and books. We had a hard time finding the place, mostly due to my incompetence in reading maps hahaha.

The name of the stall is Nasi Lemak TANGLIN, so I assumed that it was on Tanglin road. My was I mistaken. We walked to this little shack with three stalls selling nasi lemak. I had a hard time figuring out which one it was since all the stalls lacked customers. *Generally good food can be found where Malaysians flock and line up. Any food worth lining up for is worth trying. At least that's what I think.

So we approached a guard on duty nearby and he told us where to go immediately. Turns out the stall is just further down the road in a proper food court building. Directly opposite the community clinic and next to Methodist Girls School, the stall should not be too hard to locate.

nasi-lemak-tanglin-kuala-lumpur

And it was confirmed by the throng of people lining up to get their fix of nasi lemak. I was kind of worried that it would take too long to get our food but service was brisk. It could be compared to the serving style at the SS15 Rojak. Everything is done systematically and it takes less than 5 minutes to get to the front of the line.

nasi-lemak-tanglin-kuala-lumpur

What it tasted like? Wow, this is definitely one of the best nasi lemak's I've had. I would prefer the sambal to be more spicy though, I like mine with a little more 'kick' to it. But other than that, everything just fell into place. Its no surprise that this stall could garner such a huge following.

nasi-lemak-tanglin-kuala-lumpur
nasi-lemak-tanglin-kuala-lumpur
nasi-lemak-tanglin-kuala-lumpur

Do visit if you get the chance. Well, you know what they say.....breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Hahaha....

On another note, I'm back here at school after a short weekend. Its so sad how much we look forward to these weekends and when it actually comes, the weekend just zips by without any warning.

Term break is coming in two weeks, so that's something to look forward too. Hopefully, I'll be able to do my hospital attachment this holiday. The process so far has been painfully slow. I tell you, corresponding with e-mails is not the way to go. Unlike phone calls, people don't have to reply you right away.

The only thing between me and my holidays is Thinking Skills trials, Maths Trials, Chemistry Trials and Global Debates. I'm looking forward to ticking those thing off my list one by one.

Comments

Popular Posts