Jamie's Italian @ Covent Garden

jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london
jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london
jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london

I visited Jamie's Italian with a couple of friends, a second attempt after failing the first time because of the ridiculously long waiting time. Jamie Oliver needs no introduction and is arguably one of the most well known chefs in the world. I've always enjoyed watching his shows on the food channel marveling at how he makes it look so simple to cook. Anyone notice how he squeezes lemons on everything?



jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london
jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london
jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london
jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london
jamie's-italian-covent-garden-london


Alas, the food was mediocre at best. Such a let down. I had the truffle risotto and the anglesey sea bass. Risotto tasted bland. I did not think that the weird green garnish went well with the taste of the dish. Fish was full of bones and was tasteless for most part of it. Had to work around that by eating every bite with the sides. And, yes squeezing lemon on it did make it taste better. Not impressed at all. Dessert was alright but nothing to shout about.

Service was another thing that pissed me off. It took forever to get attention from the staff. Once, I had my hands up for a good ten minutes before I got noticed. It was 4 pm and the restaurant wasn't even full! When I asked why the food was taking so long to arrive, the waiter gave a snarky reply saying that if we give it to you now it will be raw and something about food taking time to cook. We have been waiting for close to an hour. I know that we're students but that is no excuse for crappy service.

I still love and respect the chef but thinks that his restaurant is overrated. 




Jamie's Italian
Covent Garden
11 Upper St Martin's Lane
London
WC2H 9FB


Comments

  1. bad reviews are all over the net about Jamie's resto :( and also, he's not just lemon. He's got a thing with olive oil haha. so much for being Olive-r :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work being snarky at a food blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one I went to in Angel wasnt too bad really, service was quick despite the almost full restaurant and I loved my dishes. Perhaps the chefs in Covent Garden arent that great? Such a shame though

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I don't think that I'm even  particularly picky eater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be an isolated incident with me being the unlucky one. Sucks because I really wanted it to be good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts