EHF 2012 Update #1


Training has been going pretty well so far. I've chosen a new route to run, after being tired of doing laps around a 2km field. It was sufficient when I first started out but you get a little bored after the fourth of fifth lap. One of my friends recommended Arthur's Seat, which has a 5.5km track around it. This run is much more challenging as it has much more elevation. The last route I used was flat all the way round. My time increased so much because I was not used to running uphill and legs hurt so much the day after. But I'm definitely getting a hang of it. Been doing two laps and I'll try adding another one tomorrow.

Another great thing about this track is the view, which is absolutely amazing. As you run uphill you'll eventually reach a point where you can see the whole of Edinburgh, from the city centre all the way to the shoreline. It makes running so much more enjoyable. Spring is around the corner as well so we're getting much more sunny days in Edinburgh which I love because everything looks alive and less gloomy.

Also I got new shoes! I figured that since I've been running three times a week on a really worn out pair of shoes, it's about time I got them replaced as my shins were starting to hurt. Went to this running shop near my house and truth to be told, the shop assistant told me that my current shoes are dead. What a term to use. haha

They really know what they were doing. I was asked to run on a treadmill with my current shoes while being recorded. She played back the footage in slow motion and pointed out how the shoes were not supporting my feet any more, particularly my right foot. You could actually see it bend inwards in an unnatural way and she said that it will cause my right shins to hurt due to the impact. Quite impressed because that was exactly what was happening. I did the same thing with a selection of new shoes to test which ones suits me best. This is the first time I've got such good treatment when buying shoes. The shoes I bought were under discount so I got about twenty pounds off it. Very happy with my purchase.

Official running shirt from the British Heart Foundation came in the mail a few days ago. It's a dry fit type sport shirt in striking red. I put it on, stood in front of the mirror, and imagined that I was running on the actual day. I can be so childish sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts