Edinburgh Half Marathon 2012

So here's the story. I was doing work one night and I thought, wouldn't it be an awesome idea to run a half marathon? Next thing you know I am clicking on buttons and submitting my application. People who know me well enough would know how much I used to absolutely hate running. Back in primary school running a 4.5 kilometer cross country track was like death itself.  Once had a personal trainer and was introduced to the world of squats and leg exercises. Those sessions made me cry on the inside and I have avoided such exercise ever since.

Decided to start including leg exercises in my routine after coming to Edinburgh and it wasn't as bad as I expected. This morning I managed to run 11 kilometers with relative ease. The half marathon will be 22 kilometers and hopefully I will double my mileage over the next few weeks. Never ran such a distance before but life is short and there is always time for new experiences!

The Edinburgh Half Marathon will happen at the end of this semester, a great way to start the summer. I will be running for the British Heart Foundation to raise some money as well. I am humbled by the amount of support that I have been getting so far. Over the past 24 hours donations have exceeded the 50 percent mark of my target, £500. Thank you so much to everyone for your support. It will keep me going during training over the next three months. I will be posting up my progress here leading up to the race. 

If you have not donated, and would like to, feel free to visit my      
fundraising page or alternatively click on the picture below. 






Comments

Popular Posts