Tynecastle


Tynecastle is the home ground of Scottish football team, Hearts. Went to watch a game over there a few weeks ago with a few friends. It's literally a ten to fifteen walk away from where I live. As you approach the stadium the volume of people on the streets increases noticeably, easily distinguished by the colour of the jacket or scarf that they are wearing.

The game was Hearts against Rangers, who hails from Glasgow. Never been to a live football match before so it was a really interesting first experience. I find it impressive how the crowd seem to have the ability to react in unison; every cheer and every gasp.

Anyway, I'm definitely feeling much better after taking some medications prescribed by my classmate who happens to have a master in Pharmacy. Also managed to get an emergency appointment with the dentist in regards to my swelling cheeks. Turns out that my wisdom tooth is acting up and somehow my gums got infected with bacteria. Throw that in with the cough, flu and fever it meant that my immune system is at an all time low, which explains why the infection became progressively worse. It's got to the extend where you can actually see a physical lump on my face. But I've got medication for that as well so hopefully it'll go down soon.

And I'm leaving for Nottingham tonight. Really looking forward to spending the weekend with good friends in a (hopefully) warmer climate. I'm just assuming that anywhere else below Edinburgh has a good chance of having decent and relatively warm weather. It will be a seven hour bus ride though. Fun times!




Comments

Popular Posts