Autumn


The telltale signs started a few weeks ago; bare branches, shorter days, and the noticeable drop in temperature. It's crazy! Just yesterday I woke up really late at around two in the afternoon, and the sun started to set an hour after that. Days tend to be more bleak than usual, if that is even possible. Pictures you see up here are those rare days when we get really nice sun and I make it a point to take the camera out. But I guess it makes you appreciate these days more as the sun seem to have the ability to remove the Edinburgh's dull exterior, revealing it's beauty that usually pass you by on a daily basis. Like photography, it's all about the lighting bro. 

Last week was a hectic one. Had this report due on Friday and exams looming around the corner so I was just taking some time to sort things out. I never knew that writing a report would take so much time and I think it's because of the whole referencing thing which I'm new to. Also getting more involved with the newspaper so that means attending meetings and sending out assignments.  All I needed was to take a step back from everything else and focus on the essential things that really need to get done. That's how I roll. 

Looking forward to seeing the family in December. They'll be coming up a day after I'm done with exams. I've been told that Christmas in Edinburgh is magical; ice sculpture, German markets, and the whole Princes Street Garden gets turned into a giant skating rink. Things are relatively warm right now but I might just get that white Christmas every Asian kid dreams about. I really am enjoying life over her but there are those moments when I wish I was back home in Malaysia. These moments tend to come around when it starts raining on my walk back. Where is the car when you need it?! Speaking of Malaysia, eating out here is so expensive. You know, a plate of hokkien mee here is still more expensive than from back home even BEFORE conversion, £6 vs Rm 4. Ridiculous prices that I am still paying for. Sigh.





Comments

Popular Posts