Whisk 2.0 @ Empire, Subang

whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang

The last write-up on Whisk was really short so I thought that I'll make another visit to take more pictures. I've since fallen in love with this bakery, making a point to stop by every time I happen to be in the area. I like the interior, the delicious cakes, the friendly staff and the list goes on. 

Their cakes are very dense and moist, just the way I like it. I despise spongy cakes. There is a thin layer of icing on the cake, barely there but enough to give that slight punch of sweetness. Breakfast for the next few days were bliss. Even more impressive is how all the cakes are homemade. Hats off to the owners. 



whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang
whisk-empire-subang

After a few failed attempts I finally managed to get my hands on their red velvet cupcakes. It was rather small for my liking considering how much I was paying for it. But it tasted really good, the best I've tasted in Malaysia. Well, I'm not too crazy about the butter cream icing. Next time, cream cheese please. This is where I will be getting my red velvet fixes from now on.

Their macarons are also noteworthy. Whisk macarons taste like Whisk macarons. It's not what I would classify as a good macaron (shell is too hard and non-chewy center) but I do enjoy eating it. What I mean is that you will be disappointment if you expect it to taste like the ones at Laduree. I like to think that this is their personal twist on the traditional macaron. Also one of the cheapest macarons around.

If only this cafe is around the corner from my house. I would have breakfast there; a piece of cake, some macarons, and a good book. 




Whisk – Espresso Bar & Bake Shop
LG 03A,
Empire Shoping Gallery,
Subang Jaya.

Comments

  1. hey/ very nice photos you have here.
    i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh I found your website while searching for "Malaysian national service" on Google. Didn't know that I am being taken to such a lovely blog with beautiful pictures. Btw, may I ask what Photoshop software do you use? Adobe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, national service. Good times =) Thanks, glad that you enjoy reading. Haha occasionally people like you will stumble upon this space. I use Adobe photoshop, the only photoshop software or CS 5 to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I'm checking this space often. Do keep the photos coming in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts