Freshers Week


Freshers week ended a few days ago. Had loads of fun but I'm happy with some peace and quiet for the moment. I never was the type who goes out all night, every night to begin with. Still its been great being able to meet quite a number of amazing people and having a good time. I find it very interesting though, the idea of socializing in a club saturated with loud music. We actually had to scream introductions into each other's ears. 

The medics pub crawl was quite the epic night as well. We started at 7.30 pm and ended about three in the morning. Some people were already wasted at half past ten! Everyone was in their white lab coats running from pub to pub. Best part? We all had introductory lectures the next morning at nine. Suffice to say, not everyone made it to that lecture and most of us who made it were not in the best of conditions. 

As for me, I'm settling in fine. I think I've got most of the important things sorted out already like banking, registration, etc. Cooking is going alright but I'm already starting to crave for Malaysian food. That day I was walking pass this Chinese restaurant and found myself walking in to order some friend noodles. And it's only been a week. Oh boy. Anyway the other day I was walking around the neighborhood and stumbled on this Asian grocery shop. Felt like I struck gold. Oh and rice crispies still exist in the UK!

When buying food in Malaysia I would be looking at a row of food and think, "What do I feel like eating today?". Now I just zoom in on the prices and look for the cheaper one. Such is the life of a student. I'm slowly discovering deals around the city like pound sandwiches or pound pizzas or Marks & Spencers that sell three ready meals for five pounds. I was SO TEMPTED to start living on ready meals just because it's so cheap.

Lectures this week have been rather interesting. It's probably still too early to tell but I'm enjoying it so far. My favourite has to be the anatomy lectures. Not trying to be a geek but the human body is so interesting! It's great being about to learn about something that you're actually interested in.  First practical will be this coming Monday. Practical are afternoon sessions when we learn anatomy in small groups using cadavers. So yeah, looking forward to that!  

More updates soon. Right now I'm just really sleepy.








Comments

  1. You're lucky if it's quite there. The people here party every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday!!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sounds like so much fun where you're staying xP People here party hard but they work hard as well so its all good. Hope you're settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how hard people work here.... seems like they like to have fun more :) I'm fitting in alright. Had a party for my flatmate's birthday on Monday that was really nice. How's Edinburgh treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been good! Do let me know when you're in town ok. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts