Adieu

So the past week have been filled with goodbyes, meeting with close family and friends before I get shipped all the way to the other side of the world. My flight is tonight and I am still packing. There is this atmosphere of anticipation mixed with a little fear due to the whole prospect of being thrust into a whole new environment. University used to be that thing I see grown ups go to, a moment in my life that stretched so far away it felt unreachable.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting, in the more nostalgic sort of sense. I thought a lot about the people who are or who have been a part of my life. It has been a tough journey and who knows what else lies ahead. Hence I really value those people who have made it all a little bit easier; sticking by my side or just keeping me in their prayers. There was a point in my life when I was so ready to give up my dreams for medicine but there was this particular teacher who told me to keep pushing and carry on. Sometimes in life you really need people to tell you that all will be well and that you can do it. Cheesy, I know. But so true.

Okay, this is becoming really emo.

Wheeeeeeee!! Anyway, this post will also serve as an official announcement that I will be relocating to Edinburgh for the next five years. The last time I visited Edinburgh was in the year 2005. Then, I was not into cameras yet. I'm really excited about the opportunity to travel around Europe and take loads and loads of pictures about starting classes in university.

I'll will update you guys when I arrive. For now, you can take a look at some photographs from a recent gathering with some close friends from church. Got to play with the new light box I got online. It was a really fun shoot but I still have loads to learn about flash photography. Everything is still pretty much experimental.





Comments

  1. I am so so happy for you Stan! I am very sure you will have a great time at Edinburgh! I know the hard part is leaving and missing all your friends and family but I am very sure they will never fail to keep in touch! You are so cool! At a very young age, you have been to so many places and counting! I'll be looking forward to all your stories!

    Your Friend in the Philippines!Steven^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. omG... love the xpressns... what with
    amazing light & shadow effect!  jireh certainly shows the button dna....

    ReplyDelete
  3. omG.. love de expressions.  what amazing light & shadow effects.

    jireh certainly has the button dna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Its been awesome so far =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Steven. Do keep in touch, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heys!! i didnt knw you posted the pictures already! i loike the harshness of it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts