Ole Ole Bali @ Empire, Subang

ole-ole-bali-empire-subang

Filling this space up is really starting to become a chore. Life is just too busy! I'm still trying to get used to all the new responsibilities like buying groceries and doing my own laundry. I basically did not do any laundry for the past two years because KTJ has this really nifty laundry system. And during my last year there, my room was directly next to the room where you drop off your clothes. So that was rather...convenient. 

Anyway, I'm already starting to have really serious cravings for Malaysian food. I was so happy when the Malaysian society here organized a Hari Raya open house last weekend. There was just tons of good homemade food and I really appreciate that. Nasi Lemak never tasted so good.

ole-ole-bali-empire-subang
ole-ole-bali-empire-subang
ole-ole-bali-empire-subang

I really do miss Malaysian food and the whole concept of eating out. In Edinburgh, the most luxurious stuff I would have is a Subway. Or on one of those really miserable days (so far I've only had one) I would splurge on some Indian takeaway which will set me back about six to eight pounds. All I eat now are sandwiches, sandwiches, and more sandwiches!

Ole Ole Bali is a restaurant that serves Balinese cuisine (duhh). Mom took me there for dinner one night a few weeks before flying over. I really liked the food. Well I like the taste of Balinese cuisine in general, they have that very distinct and unique flavour. It kinda overkills if you've had too much but it's still really good.

We had the nasi campur and it came with an assortment of grilled stuff like chicken, fish, satay lilit, and kangkung. Portions are huge and I reckon that it could be shared between two moderate eaters.

I MISS MALAYSIAN FOOD =(

Comments

Popular Posts