New Lens + The Sarawak Adventure

I was in Miri, Sarawak over the past week visiting some family and friends with my mom and aunt. I brought along a newly acquired toy. Got myself a Nikkor 24mm 1.4 lens the night before I left, with much thanks to dad. This particular lens has been on my wish list for quite some time. I've always thought that I would get the 70-200mm 2.8 but I can't imagine lugging around such a ginormous piece of equipment around. That was before I fell in love with prime lenses. 

The 24mm on the D90 comes to about 40mm due to the crop factor and I really like the distance I get to work with. As opposed to the 50mm I have to move much closer to my subjects, giving much more opportunity for interaction. I liked it so much this thing was on my camera for the entire trip.




I spent the first night in the wee little town of Miri. The next day, armed with loads of water and eleven packs of mee kolok, we started our eight hour truck journey into the jungle. My uncle drove us and he can drive like a boss! Interesting thing is that you don't always drive on one side of the road as you have to look out for little wooden arrow signs perched on the side of the road to indicate if you should be driving on the left or on the right. So if you miss the sign you could be driving right into one of those huge lorries transporting logs. One thing for sure. NOT A GOOD IDEA. 

Will write about this trip in more detail soon. A little clue on what's happening: I will be blogging for AirAsia! Will divulge more information when the right time comes. All I can say now is that I will be featuring Sarawak for the debut and am really excited about it. Watch this space over the next two months. I know there's a bunch of silent readers out there but I really appreciate you hundred odd people checking-in everyday.

On another note, I just picked up my visa today so that means I will be flying off to Edinburgh next Friday. Got to start packing soon. Most of next week will be filled with meeting up with people to say goodbye and eating through that list I made of Malaysian-food-I-must-eat-before-I-leave. 

At the meantime, here's some random pictures I took during the Miri trip. All taken with the new 24mm.
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts