KTJ Yearbook Photoshoots: 6th Form Committee



These are the people in charge of torturing the poor souls that walk through the fiery gates of Kolej Tuanku Jaafar. Why do I have to hunt for my senior's signatures? Why do I have to perform in front of the whole 6th Form? Why do you have to wet me with water? Well, its all because of this group of people.

Basically, the 6th Form Committee conduct orientation to help the new 6th form students settle in and make sure that they don't spend their first week in school holed up in their rooms and take care of other matters pertaining to the 6th form.. The other day I was helping them to take some yearbook pictures. Decided to try out the new remote flash system on real humans now! Enough practicing with the Ikea doll, time for the real thing. Really liked how the photos turned out. Would be great to have a little more time but we literally had a little over 10 minutes to quickly shoot everything during social hour (which ironically actually lasts for only half an hour).

I might have just been convinced to change my mind about flash photography. Its pretty good actually but the technicality of it can get annoying at times. Never knew that firing the flash at different positions and angles would be such an improvement from the straight on in-your-face flash that is notoriously blamed for making people look horrible. Will be doing more experimenting if I can find the time to pull myself away from the textbooks. Trials in two weeks!


Comments

  1. Hi Stanley! Your photography gets better all the time. I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! By the way, its been a while since I've seen you around. Hope you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I never realised the irony of the term "social hour"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh once you are hooked on off camera lighting, there is no turning back :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts