Alexis Bistro @ Great Eastern Mall, Ampang

alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall

The Alexis Bistro is sort of like the more upmarket version of Delicious. Dad took me to Alexis for dinner once and it was really good! I have fond memories of their wild mushroom risotto. I think that I have this affinity for Asian/Western fusion restaurants. Sometimes one might have a particularly difficult Sunday deciding on where to eat; and some of your family members are feeling a little western and some a little asian. This solves that problem instantly.

The dishes that appealed to me were the western ones like the mentioned risotto and their pizzas. Their variety of pizzas have thin bases which gives you more crunch and a little bite at the same time. We had the seafood one which had prawns, mussels and squid. Digging into this was just so comforting, its hard to explain but the term 'comfortable' seems strangely appropriate for this situation.

alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall

Risotto was very well infused with the wild mushrooms. I like how risotto is kinda like rice, but not exactly there because the grains are huge and swollen from the stock. Personally its similar to how I eat my rice when I was little (and still do occasionally). My mom would make that chinese soy sauce chicken stew with potato; a nyonya recipe our neighbour taught her a long time ago. I think they call it the Ayam Pongteh. What I would do is pile my plate with rice and flood it with the swashbuckling sauce. Point is I like my rice infused with taste and the risotto does exactly that.

Mom ordered the nasi dagang which was a good call. Chicken was a little scarce since we ordered and shared the food but overall it was one solid dish. We also had this interesting homemade pasta dish with meatballs. I really liked it because this dish tasted very homemade and the robust sweetness of the tomatoes were apparent.

alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall
alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall
alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall
alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall
alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall
alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall
alexis-bistro-ampang-great-eastern-mall

Good food and time with the family sums up a really good weekend. This restaurant definitely made it to the list of my favourite places to eat. Price is a little on the high side though. The bill for the four of us amounted to a little more than two hundred ringgit. So it probably isn't one of those I'm-free-where-should-I-go-for-lunch places. But if you're insistent on having a really good lunch, Alexis is the place. Haha!


Alexis Bistro & Wine Bar
Lot 10 & 11
Great Eastern Mall
303 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
T 603 4260 2288

(For bookings less than 48 hours' notice, please call outlet directly)
For any enquiries, please submit the following form.
For reservations, please call:

Alexis Bangsar (Telawi)    T 03 2284 2880
Sino | The Bar Upstairs    T 03 2284 2880
Alexis Ampang    T 03 4260 2288
Alexis BSC    T 03 2287 1388
Alexis Gardens  T 03 2287 2281

Comments

  1. Thank you Stanley, you have changed my whole perspective on life. All the days spent cutting my wrist and trying to suffocate myself with a paper bag seems so distant now. I will live my life with full confidence and i intend to eat at alexis everyday for the rest of my life. If you see an emo person who looks like he cuts himself, that would be me. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis is good :) You should try the desserts too. I heard their tiramisu is to die for :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never heard of this place before. Will give it a try real soon. Thanks ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie Meigs StewartMarch 3, 2011 at 10:35 AM

    Yummy! Looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was! =) We went back again recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup we had it, but I finished it before I realised that I did not take pictures. haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts