Sacha's Hotel Uno, Bangkok

Note: I'm not getting paid to write this. I wish! Hahaha....

Last week during my trip to Bangkok I stayed with my dad at this hotel at Sukhumvit Road. I'm very satisfied with my stay, in fact I think that its awesome. Its a boutique hotel so its small yet cozy and elegant.

I travel using the MRT very often so it was helpful that the train station AND the subway is just around the corner, shouldn't take more than a 5 minute walk. You have 7/11 opposite the hotel and a local convenience store. Dad insisted I buy stuff at the local store because its a few cents cheaper. (By the way, do you know Bangkok 7/11 stores do not sell slurpees?? Blasphemy!)

You have this department store right around the corner too called Robinsons where you can buy clothes and stuff. Its connected to Westin hotel where you can use their pool and gym for a price. Went there twice to keep off the holiday eating calories.

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok

For those who are too lazy to walk to the MRT station/subway there's a tuk tuk to send you there for free. But trust me, walking is faster. On the way you'll pass stalls selling loads of food by the road. I sometimes grab something to much on the very short distance to the MRT station.

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
These sell for only 1 baht per piece! I paid 5 bahts and had more than enough to fill me up.

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
The MRT station is just down this road you can see a glimpse of it at the top corner of this photograph.

Few blocks away from the hotel, there's this little stall selling seriously tasty Pad Thai for 40 baht (thai food is not very cheap by the way, comparing to our hawker stalls here in Malaysia). I've tasted many plates of Pad Thai during my stay in Bangkok and this was the best for me. Its located next to a drain though but your nose will numb out to the smell after a while. (lol)

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok

Back to the hotel, the receptionists are really friendly and speak good English. I normally run through the places I intend to visit with them before heading out just to double check the location. Many a time they would correct me and let me know the right way of getting there. So I never got lost during my stay! When they see me coming they would run to the doors to open it for me and even help press the elevator button.

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok

By the way check out Hotels Combined. It helps you search for hotels at places you travel too, just key in the city/country and date/length of your stay and a bunch of recommendations will pop up.

After that you can fine tune your search at the toolbar on the left to search for specific hotels or adjust the details to suit your preferences. I've tried it out and search the rates on this hotel and its pretty close to the rate I paid for, cheaper in fact (Rm 150+ pernight) but I placed the booking date two months ahead. So perhaps that factors in for the quoted prices. (http://www.hotelscombined.com)

Now on to showing you the room I stayed in!

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
Located right next to the lift, how convenient (lol).

sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
Workspace where I churned out those blog posts and finished Uncle James's homework. And awesome flat screen tv! You might notice the panel where you can plug your technology. Apparently you can even sync your computer with the tv. Did I mention that box has 84 channels?? With one dedicated to wrestling (lol).


sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
Toilet is very nice and clean, and got huge mirror for vanity and small mirror with super zoom for super vanity. You'll be shocked by how much detail you can see in your face. There's this neat 'rain function' in the shower which I discovered on the last night (=__=").

There's just one other interesting feature to the toilet....





sacha-hotel-uno-bangkok
Peekaboo! (Yes, the the blinds on the left opens too revealing the shower)

Sacha's Hotel Uno
Official Site: http://www.hotel-uno.com/
28/19 Sukhumvit Soi 19
Sukhumvit Road
Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Fax : +662 651 2179

Popular Posts