Bangkok so far

Hello everyone! I've been in Bangkok for two days so far. Its 2 in the morning here and I've just got back an hour ago. Lol, I must blog as I felt like you guys have been out of the loop so here's an update on how things are going.

Photobucket
Bored in the airplane...

Photobucket
My breakfast at LCCT- Salmon and egg focacia

Photobucket
Bangkok Airport


The first day was very easy-going. We're staying in the Sukhumvit are which is very condensed and packed with expats but very accessible to the other parts of the city. They hotel that I'm staying at is really good, for 5000 bahts ++ we've got a good deal for 4 nights. Room is very clean, lah di dah....but most importantly it has free wi-fi! Will go into more details about this hotel later.

Photobucket
Bored in the taxi

Interesting story about the taxi. We were looking for a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The airport official taxis offered us 2000 baht. Dad decided to take a metered taxi instead. We ended up paying only 300++ baht. Big difference huh...

I visited all the major shopping malls here in Bangkok on the first day- MBK, Siam Paragon, and the ones next to it. Its wierd.....ALL their major shopping malls are next to each other. The malls here in Bangkok is not very different from the ones in KL, its just in a bigger scale I guess. And the food court is HUGE. You'll have a really good selection of food there.

Photobucket
Bored at the Skytrain trainstation

Today, I went to the Floating Market at Damnoen Saduak, the place where a scene from one of the bond films was shot. Very nice place but I had my issues with it, which I will elaborate about later. Hmm....today things did not turned out as planned but it surprised me in a nice way. Its nice when something unexpected just happens, in a good way of course.

Food has been pretty mediocre so far. Pad Thai by the street is really good though. But the 'thai' dinner I had at Suan Lum Night Bazaar left much to be desired. I have yet to try any GOOD thai food. The night market itself in happening. Big place although its smaller than Chatuchak. I won't be around during the weekends so this bazaar is an alternative.

Thats all for now guys. I'm getting REALLY sleepy! I have to get up again in a few hours to catch the Chao Phraya river in its morning glory. Or I might just decide to sleep in if I'm too tired. Goona watch G.I. Joe too at Siam Paragon Mall. Heard so much about their elaborate theater set up so we got tickets on Monday. The outside of the theater itself is AWESOME-ly decorated as if it was some posh area.

Live long and prosper!
Stanley

Popular Posts