2 weeks in KTJ

Eyes bloodshot, broken limbs, brains splattered on the wall of my rat infested room. It reeks of a combination of urine and the coke that my roommate uses to get high. Fluorescent lights flicker in the 'Saw' movie style giving the room an eerie mood. That was my two weeks in KTJ.

Photobucket

If you have not figured it out, I'm kidding! Its been a really good two weeks and I'm really enjoying my time here at KTJ (Kolej Tuanku Jaafar) doing the Cambride A-levels program (doing Bio, Chem, Physics, Math, Thinking Skills). And that brings me to why I have not been updating this blog. Trust me, I have a very good reason.

You see.......they have this very strict policy on internet. So we need to send our laptops to the IT department for some pimping to do. I did that during the first Tuesday and collected the laptop the next day. Back at the house I still could not connect to the internet. Turns out that I have to register for a user account. Why the guy at the IT department did not tell me about that, I don't know why. Registered the next day but still could not use the internet.

That point I was already at the point of giving up. Asked Adam, who lives next door to help and he did something to my laptop and the internet works after that. Lesson learned? Should have asked the 'old boys' earlier.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well my 2 weeks here have been really good. The seniors are a seriously awesome bunch of people. I can never fully express how thankful and grateful I am for the effort they put in to welcome us new students.

That was one of the reasons I was a little worried about when going to KTJ. Because if the people there are s***, I would be living with them for two years! But thank God that the people are awesome.

I think its largely due to the fact that 70% of the students here in the sixth form are scholars. You have the Bank Negara scholars, the Petronas scholars, the KTJ scholars and people like me- the FAMA (Father/Mather -lol-) scholars. So I guess with that you filter out most of the rich spoilt kids that people always associate with private schools.

Food is good. I think I had lamb 3 or 4 times last week. Oh, and we had steak for dinner. Seriously, for canteen food its really good compared to the standards set by other schools nationwide. I have no complaints so far. There were a few off days but generally I'm satisfied with the grub they're serving.

On to what happened in the past two weeks.

Imran house futsal match. Funny story. I've never played football in my life, perhaps once or twice in primary school. So when I heard about this thing going on I kind of like just decided to pass since I'll probably suck anyway.

Photobucket

5 minutes before it started, the house captain, Ucuk told me that EVERYONE is taking part and the teams have already been set. lol at that time I think I was probably the only one left at the house. Rush to the hall and found out my team is the first to go =_=

Photobucket
AY celebrating a goal. Cool dude!

Photobucket
Mr. Head Boy a.k.a. Jinho

Photobucket

I was blur for the first 5 to 10 minutes, trying to grasp the concept of the game. But listen to this, I actually had fun! There has to be something natural about boys kicking balls around lol.

Later that night we had "House Night" where we had a poolside partay. Got to know some of the seniors and juniors. Celebrated Mr Catto and Mr Moorthi's birthday.

Photobucket

This week we had 'O' Week, where the Upper 6's get to have fun "getting to know us" Lower 6's. We had this list of names where we had to get signatures from, which is the entire Upper 6. So most of them made us do stuff to get their signatures.

Then two days ago we had the "Oompa Loompa vs Human" game. Basically its a game which starts with a few Oompa Loompas infecting the Humans (who become an OL and infect other people too) and ultimately leaving a few survivors. To put it in even simpler words---> tag+resident evil

Yesterday, we had "Induction Night". Had this nice garden party in front of the 6th Form building. Then we Lower 6 students had to perform for our seniors. Had some funny sketches and songs. My group did a korean dance in drag. I hope that there won't be pictures circulating around! lol

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
You should check out their rendition of poker face. Adam (the guy on the stretcher) stole the show that night!

After that its pretty much just camwhoring...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

KTJ just made me realise how fun school can be rather than just slugging your life away in a corner studying for those precious alphabets. Looking forward to get back to school but am happy here with my internet at home. Yay! I can use the internet at 1.48 am! =__="

Popular Posts