Sabahan Keropok Lekor

Keropok Lekor is a really delicious cracker! Its one of Malaysia's famous snack. Crunchy on the outside and a tad chewy on the inside, this cracker/chips kinda food is one of my favourite snacks. I remember buying it from vendors outside school years ago and occasionally at the market.

Sabahan keropok lekor is slightly different from the conventional one. Its slightly spicy and more chewy (or perhaps it just the way the lady I met makes it). Here's the summary on how to make it!

1. Cut the fish
Photobucket

2. Pound the herbs
Photobucket

3. Grind the meat (fish). This grinder reminds me of the one they used in Sweeney Todd, only a little smaller.
Photobucket

3. Mix, mix, mix!
Photobucket

3. Roll into sticks and boil
Photobucket

4. Fry in some fattening oil!
Photobucket

Photobucket

5. There you have it, Sabahan Keropok Lekor.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Have you made these yet Stanley? Are they very salty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shots as always. again thank you for the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the postcard, stan!!!
    ooh looks yummy but i don't like fish..ahem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stanley, just wanted to let you know that the postcard photo you sent me has arrived just before I left for my trip. Thanks a lot!

    I love keropok lekor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts