Cook "Phad Sabah" like a BRAT

We had a cooking session which was recorded Jamie Oliver style towards the end of the camp. The dish that the photography group came up with was called "Phad Sabah". Its a remake of the infamous Phad Thai fried noodle dish. We were in Sabah (a Malaysian state).....so we called it "Phad Sabah".....get it?.....because we were in that place.....nevermind, who cares =_=

Here's how my group did! Check out the video below =)
Watch out for me at the end! I was one of the "food tasters" so check it out, lol count it as a cameo appearance.




There were so many funny moments during the recording. Did you see the part where Jirwan(the chef) asked Sonia about the cost of the prawn? And when she bluntly replied "I have no idea!" we all burst into laughter. Towards the end after tasting the food, Adrian(the videographer) shouted "Ok, finish!" and all of us let out a huge sigh simultaneously. The noodles were really spicy and we had hold it in when the cameras were rolling. Plus the random questions like "Have you tied juggling an egg?". Sonia, if you're reading this, I have to say you're really funny lah!

And here's some shots of the whole cooking session.

Photobucket
Here is Michelle and Debra doing all the prep for their group's dish. Its call the 'Seafood Studded Balls' if I'm not mistaken. They added a very nice twist by 'studding' a traditional Malaysian pastry with macaroni. Talk about fusion!

Photobucket
Here's people mixing it like they mean it!

Photobucket
This is the stuffing for one of the dishes.

Photobucket
Ugh....veggie...

Photobucket
Sonia and Jirwan!

Photobucket
Allysa and Phynaz!

Photobucket
They're tasting their Seafood Pasta......SUPRISE!!!! Get it.....cause it's a surprise.....=_= LOL

Photobucket
Hui Ee and Sandra!

Photobucket
Adrian doing his thang with the camcorder.

Photobucket
This is one of the activities that I really enjoyed. Perhaps its because I got to sit down and do practically nothing! (taking photographs does not count as labour to me xP) I had the chance to relax and enjoy the fact that we're 3 hours into the jungle. Watching all the bloopers during the shoot really cracked me up and it really made my day. Check out the video if you havent!

Comments

  1. Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is no longer available. :-(
    I received my card today from your Christmas giveaway. It is wonderful! Thank you so much,and the picture is lovely - of course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts