When children go wild



Remember when you were young? Our parents would threaten to call the police if we don't behave. Well, this time the police really came.

I found out about this from another blogger(http://www.aussiecynic.com/). A 5 year old kid, was handcuffed by police officers at her kindergarten. What nonsense is that??

If you watched the video, the teacher who was interviewed claimed that she tried many "tactics" to calm her down before calling in the cops. Apparently she was concerned for the safety of the teachers (wow....a child....danger to teachers??) , other children, and the child herself.

Children are prone to tantrums once in a while but handcuffing her is just plain swashbuggling nonsense. What, is it some sort of "political" move now? Is the teacher trying to make an example of her to other students?ssssssss

"Hei kids.....remember what happened to "Little X". You want me to call the cops in here again? So you better behave...."


Imagine the scenario with the police officers

" *radio contact* Erm....we have a situation at XXXXX Kindergarden. We have a kid tantrum. I repeat, we have a kid tantrum. Send in the heavy artillery. Call Bob, he's done this before. We need all the help we can get..."


Come on! Get real here. The teacher should have tried giving her a candy bar or something. (Owh....I bet you never thought of that did you)

This bring up memories of my kindergarden years. It was fun and nice and enjoyable but most of all there was a sense of safety. The teachers were no doubt strict and I cried many a times from scoldings but that was just it. Those are the sort of punishments a child should get, not getting handcuffed.

Plus, if you watched the video you would notice that the child was sitting down quietly in a chair. But NO.....the police had to get all "law enforcement" and handcuff her.

Personally here I think that the blame lies between the teacher and the cops. The teacher should have been more efficient in controlling the kid. Make her stand at a corner or even isolate her in a room so she wont hurt anyone while they call her parents.

The cops were just plain dumb. The child was just sitting there and they just went over and slapped those cuffs onto her hands. One thing for sure, that child would never throw a tantrum again.


Comments

  1. Only in America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my “Selerines World” blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! In that blog we will share our views about the international issues and problems. I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts