Myanmar Blocks Foreign Aid (WTF?!!)


*This post IS based on anger and not on sheer perspective

Another disaster strikes again. Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar on May 3rd. That time I was sitting in my room studying thinking that nothing could have been worst than that. I did not know that at that moment people were dying in masses some other place.

*People die all the time but this is different....

Great thing is that people all around the world are responding really quick. I guess they got some practice from the previous rounds from the Tsunami and Katrina. Its a relief isn't it that there's always someone to do the heroes job while we're living here comfortably.




These pictures really tell lots about whats happening there. Those people ain't well to do and the little that they had was blown away. But hei! You must be wondering whats up with the profanity in my title. (I knows its in short form but everyone gotta start somewhere right)

Yeah. They, as in the Myanmar government are blocking foreign aids. Apparently, they claim that the situation is still under control. The death toll have soared way above the initial 20,000 mark and this does not count those who are still missing and sick. In addition, they have more that 1 million homeless people!

I don't get it. They should be thankful that the whole world is giving them so much attention like a sick baby. Whats so difficult on letting the professionals in??(they are also blocking professional foreign aid like the UN, etc.)

I can imagine this going in their leader's heads.....

"Hmmm......let me think. 22, 000 people have already died and counting......I'm not sure. Eh! I think we have like 1 million homeless people who are sick and need medical attention right. Owhhh!!!! What?!! The whole world wants to help us? We have foreign aid at our footsteps? I'm still not sure. Things still looks pretty fine for me here. I think its not necessary. So what if a few houses got blown away....."

You know that ain't half of it yet. You know what pisses me off? Yes! They did something even more terrible than devoiding their people of foreign aid. Check this out.

Now this really deserves one really really big.....

WTF
(you know this is the biggest it can get...lolz)







Wait....here is one for them





The country's army stole, STOLE food that was sent in by foreign aids. You know that chocolate bar ain't for you....MISTER! Its meant for all those hungry people who just got run over by Cyclone Nargis. It was ordered by the government to be diverted or warehoused.

Here's a quote from that article
"The government said there were no outbreaks of disease or starvation among the hundreds of thousands of people affected by the cyclone."

WOW. Do I have to show that poster one more time?? Have you people been sleeping all these while or what. This situation is so screwed up. Those people have gone through so much suffering. Now they have to go through another phase where their government is stopping help from coming in.

On the other hand. Kudos to China for their relief efforts. Their response have been really quick. I was reading the Star just now and there were just so many gory photos of them getting down and dirty in helping their people. I hope Myanmar will resolve that issue as fast as possible.

Comments

  1. hi stanley,

    I totally understand your outrage. What is up with their govt blocking international aid? I dont get that either.

    as for the soldiers stealing food meant for the victims- unfortunately that happnes here in the philippines too when strong typhoons hit some govt workers take home the relief goods meant for the victims. sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thats so sad. The only thing we can do is pray because these stuff is way out of our hands.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts