Idol Mania!

I know, I know. I find myself guilty of following this series every week despite the fact that my mid terms is just a week away. Perhaps its just a part of me that love the music or the other side of me to see the cruelty of the show. Come on! They make you sing when you live. Its like...

"Now before you go. Sing for us one last time.........Remind America why they did not vote for you"

This year's competition sadly have not been very interesting. Everything have been pretty predictable so far except for that hiccup with David Hernandez and Amanda Overmeyer. She's unique-lah! And she's got the whole X-Men "Rogue" look going on.

Who am I rooting for? I am rooting for the guy that has probably captured the hearts of many tweens already. He's got my "vote" because he's got soul! Its amazing to see a white boy come up every week and blow everyone away with as much soul as Aretha Franklin.



Another person I am rooting for is Syesha Mercado. Another soul train here blowing full stream ahead. I think she is bound to overtake David Cook's station wagon of rock and roll. Her rendition of "Change is gonna come" this week was stellar!


But I still think she is not comparable to Archuleta. He's got the whole "I'm-gonna-win-American-Idol" thing going on. Here's the list:
- Above average looks
- Phenomenal singing ability/Sings like a black dude
- Shy and innocent look
- Has that nerdy kind of laugh that girls and middle aged women loves
- Has the family's strong support
- He's from the headquarters of the Latter Day Christians so their HUGE congregation will most likely campaign for him

Hopefully this year someone deserving will win. I thought Jordin was good but Melinda was way better. Still it could just be the biased Stanley who favours all the soul singers =)

Comments

  1. hey got ur blog off the brats thing.

    omg i agree with u a 100%! i think david a. is amazing lah ok!! :D and he sings with soul plus he isnt cocky after the judges give him good comments!! he smiles and looks like he doesnt believe it so its a plus factor !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei thanks for visiting =) Finale is in two weeks! *fingers crossed* =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi stanley =)

    I like David Cook the best! But I honestly think Archuleta will win. win or lose i will buy cook's cd when it comes out!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAhhah....everyone knows Archuleta will win. However I can imagine Cook being more successful. Not sure if Archuleta can "suit" the current music industry. Take Daughtry for example =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts