Me and Sri Kdu Sports Day 2008

Last Friday my school had its annual sports day or as the MCs have been saying throughout the WHOLE event "Sri KDU's Annual Sports Day 2008". I was involved in the Red Crescent Society march pass. So I had practice all week with other march pass platoons rehearsing the opening ceremony again and again.

Here's a small summary of how the practices went:

(Grand opening song)
- Opening dance
- Teacher was not satisfied with it
- Do again
- Opening dance
- Torch run
- The "torch runners" did not run according to how the teacher wanted
- DO AGAIN
- Opening dance
- Torch run
- I died

Just kidding there but it was one LONG day. The actual day was quite fun with the events going on and the crowd going wild every time someone wins. I personally enjoyed watching the teachers running event. So much spirit. So much enthusiasm. So much effort. But not so much speed.



Thanks to me I made them looks much faster on camera :)
But kudos to them for such great sportsmanship.

For me it was a historical day. It was the day I, Stanley Liew won a gold medal. Never in my life have I won a gold medal for sports. It was for "tug-of-war" but I don't care. "Tug-of-war" is a sports event SO it IS a sport. Its my last year in school so its definitely a sports day to remember.

Its so shiny......*applause*

Despite the sweltering heat of this tropical country, the students of Sri Kdu have shown great spirit and enthusiasm. Even though Blue House lost to Green and Red in overall points, its Blue House that have won the hearts of the crowd with their outstanding support for their house representatives.

Comments

  1. Congrats on your gold medal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool! Congratulations... that's awesome. Sounded like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful shiny gold medal! good job, u deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming blog with loads of positive energy mingles with every entry. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts