BRATS Taiping 2008 (13 March) --> First Day

BRATS Taiping 2008. First day. One word. Intense. Just as I expected.


My gear!


Room mates :) Jeremy and Sean

Yeah! That was it. Yesterday was really intense. The very first day itself we were thrown into crash courses as they (the STAR journalists….I’ll introduce them to you in a few days and perhaps a photo) try hammer in the concept of journalism into our brains.

“Its about others, not you”.

WOW! Obviously its something new for me. Check out the title of my blog. That tells you lots about my writing style. “Me and the World”. Its ok-LAH if it’s a personal blog like this but writing for a newspaper is entirely different.


We covered many areas like writing, layout, interview skills. They caught my attention with the photography category. I really benefited from that being a shutterbug.

First rule of a journalist: Curiosity

They brought us to Kek Lok Tong cave on the first day. There were so many photo opportunities. It was great to everyone being so excited and really looking forward to whatevers happening.


A friend jolting down notes

This whole program really is not about them teaching us about "The-Way-Of-The-Journalist". It about us getting an "experience" which will hopefully change our lives and the way we looks at things.

Alright, quick summary of what happened!

Stanley arrive at Taiping -> Stanley registers -> Stanley listens to talks -> Stanley goes to cave -> Stanley takes pictures -> Stanley very happy -> Stanley eat dinner, listen more, sleep

Hahaha.....vain me.

Ok, I better sign off now. Its time for lights out. Don't want them catching me blogging past. curfew ;)

Comments

  1. >>>Stanley arrive at Taiping -> Stanley registers -> Stanley listens to talks -> Stanley goes to cave -> Stanley takes pictures -> Stanley very happy -> Stanley eat dinner, listen more, sleep<<<

    ooo yes.. its about others, not you.

    RIGHT. ahahahah! nice post;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy..da pic above... that's me larr...
    puvana...remember??
    LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes! How are you doing?? Its been such a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Exercise you freedom of speech!

Popular Posts